PDA

View Full Version : Form Maker Pro Install help needed

jodest73
06-29-2006, 10:39 PM
OK--probably a REALLY dumb question, but in step #4 of the Installation instructions for Form Maker Pro, it says: "chmod the the entire fmp folder to 755 unless you are on teh voda2 server IP 70.86.30.66 you will chmod the the entire fmp folder to to 777"

What does "chmod" mean and how do I do it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Nyoman
06-30-2006, 12:49 AM
you can do it from ftp or file manager control panel.
log to your public_html using Blue FTP>choose the file you want to chmod>click properties>you will see the permission field where you can set chmod

jodest73
06-30-2006, 02:37 PM
Thanks for your help, Nyoman! :-)

Mbizeni
07-11-2006, 01:26 AM
you can do it from ftp or file manager control panel.
log to your public_html using Blue FTP>choose the file you want to chmod>click properties>you will see the permission field where you can set chmod
can you tell me why do i recive ' SCUõžRxœc```fpcdàd nô ' when i www.mysite.com.fmp/install.php (http://www.mysite.com.fmp/install.php) from ny browser? Vodahost Support told me to delete all files i had uploaded to public_html/fmp, the entire fmp folder, and files contained in it. Does one have to upload only install.php file or all file inside fmp folder? what about other folders inside fmp?

racefan20
07-11-2006, 03:53 AM
Just upload the entire fmp folder and make sure you follow the chmod instructions. NOTE: when running the install, don't forget the slash - mysite.com/fmp/install.php.

navaldesign
07-13-2006, 11:24 AM
can you tell me why do i recive ' SCURxc```fpcdd n ' when i www.mysite.com.fmp/install.php (http://www.mysite.com.fmp/install.php) from ny browser? Vodahost Support told me to delete all files i had uploaded to public_html/fmp, the entire fmp folder, and files contained in it. Does one have to upload only install.php file or all file inside fmp folder? what about other folders inside fmp?

Your problem is fixed: i installed FMP for you. Created new database, uploaded the files again, installed and now it is ok. Just loggin in http://www.manidi.com/fmp/

G4G
07-31-2006, 09:19 PM
Hi everyone

I don't think that was a dumb question at all. I can't even find the Form maker install files. It is supposed to be in the Treasure Chest area of the Support Forum. There seems to be no such thing. Help please.

davidundalicia
07-31-2006, 10:20 PM
When I wanted fmp I just put in a support ticket and they sent me the link for downloading...................

navaldesign
08-01-2006, 04:08 AM
Hi everyone

I don't think that was a dumb question at all. I can't even find the Form maker install files. It is supposed to be in the Treasure Chest area of the Support Forum. There seems to be no such thing. Help please.

You need a password and the appropriate link. If you are a VH customer please submit a support ticket and your password, to download the Form Maker pro, will be sent to you.

kenhansen
08-01-2006, 01:50 PM
I was following the instructions on installing the form maker and it was going fine until I came across the CHMOD instruction. Well, I just did a drag and drop for the folder into the public_html directory and it worked. There is now a folder in that directory named FMP and has what appears to be all the files I need, Using the browser, I followed the instructions to install. I received the following error:

Template error - set_root:tpl is not a directory.

I hope this means something to someone. To me it means I should have found out where the CHMOD command was. Any assistance on how to fix this would be greatly apprecieated.

navaldesign
08-01-2006, 06:20 PM
Blue FTP has a bad habit: it DOES NOT upload all the files, when you drag the whole directory. Please check folder by folder to see if all files are uploaded. To change the permissions of the folder, rig***lick it, select "Properties" and set it to 755

Berry
08-08-2006, 09:26 PM
I deleted the fmp folder twice and uploaded it again.
As you probably can see, it is correctly uploaded:?
However, typing in: www.artrental.biz/fmp/install.php (http://www.artrental.biz/fmp/install.php) gives following error message:
Template Error: set_root: tpl is not a directory.
Halted.
can somebody help me on this???
thanks!

navaldesign
08-09-2006, 04:22 AM
Sorry, but we cannot see. To see we need your loggin info. If you wish use myform (http://www.navaldesign.info/feedback13.html) ands end me your IP, Username and PAssword and i will look to it.

Glitzz
08-11-2006, 12:52 AM
Hey Im trying to do this and I got everything down to the point where I go to install using my browser and I get this error message..

Halted.

anyone know what thats about?

Jewelz

navaldesign
08-11-2006, 06:24 AM
MANY members have had the same problem. Please look at post #11

Glitzz
08-11-2006, 08:52 PM
I figured thats what it was..

thankx

Jewelz

simplybrowne
08-17-2006, 08:29 PM
How do I complete the following information after installing FMP:
1. MySQL host
2. MySQL login
3. MySQL password

My Dbase name is brownea_fmp.

Can anyone help?

navaldesign
08-17-2006, 08:33 PM
How do I complete the following information after installing FMP:
1. MySQL host localhost
2. MySQL login cpusername_dbusername change cpusername with your actual one.
3. MySQL password the password you have set for your Database, usually one word.

My Dbase name is brownea_fmp.

Can anyone help?

Hope this helps

simplybrowne
08-18-2006, 03:45 PM
Thanks, Navaldesign,

I tried your suggestion but it didin't work. I got this response "Could not connect to MySQL server"

Any other suggestions?

By the way, the Username and password, are they suppose to be the same as those for my vodahost account?

caroo
08-26-2006, 07:49 PM
Hey Im trying to do this and I got everything down to the point where I go to install using my browser and I get this error message..

Halted.

anyone know what thats about?

Jewelz

okay...I feel like I'm stuck in a wet paperbag! LOL I can't get passed this error either. help please! i'm not sure if i will be able to check my post/responses or if i need to change my profile settings....so please send me a message if i lose this thread!

simplybrowne
09-13-2006, 12:51 PM
Hello Navaldesign, I am still stuck at the point of inputing all the login information (i.e. MySql server info) into the Formpro Control panel.

Can you help me get past this last hurdle, pleeeeeeeeeeeeese!

navaldesign
09-13-2006, 03:01 PM
okay...I feel like I'm stuck in a wet paperbag! LOL I can't get passed this error either. help please! i'm not sure if i will be able to check my post/responses or if i need to change my profile settings....so please send me a message if i lose this thread!

It seems like not all of the FMP files/folders have been uploaded. You need to check it and eventually delete everything and start from scratch.

navaldesign
09-13-2006, 03:04 PM
Please look above, post #18. Make sure that you use the correct database username and password as posted above. If your problem still persists, you can use myform (http://www.navaldesign.info/feedback13.html) to send me your loggin info (IP, username, password) as well as the name of the database you created, (if it is not obvious, like f.e. fmp) and db username and password that you have established.)

simplybrowne
09-13-2006, 06:10 PM
Thanks Navaldesign, I have forwarded all the information to you.

caroo
09-13-2006, 08:05 PM
thank you naval d :-) i'll try this again later...after i figure out how to upload mp3 players on to the site & mambo site...lol

Michael73
10-18-2006, 05:38 PM
Hi Noval! Read all of a note on a site about installations Form Maker Pro-has spent 2 days, but and has not reached result. I have got stuck on registration (installation) to me all time gives out " Could not connect to MySQL server " I Shall be very grateful if you to me will help to finish installation!
I have filled yours FORM and have sent you all necessary information. Thanks! Michael

navaldesign
10-18-2006, 06:44 PM
Hi Michael,

i completed the installation for you. You have mail, explaining what was wrong. Please also delete the install.php file from your FMP folder.

c.mclean
10-19-2006, 09:59 AM
Hi Michael,

i completed the installation for you. You have mail, explaining what was wrong. Please also delete the install.php file from your FMP folder.

Hi naval... I have been following this thread.. I get the same error "Could not connect to MySQL server" - could you explain to me what the problem could be?

Thanks,
Chris

navaldesign
10-19-2006, 10:06 AM
Hi Chris, in Michaels case it was the user details that were wrong. You need to check all the DB details

c.mclean
10-19-2006, 10:14 AM
Hi...

I am not sure what to enter where it asks for the 'mySQL host'... what information should i enter there?

Thanks,
Chris

navaldesign
10-19-2006, 10:20 AM
Hi...

I am not sure what to enter where it asks for the 'mySQL host'... what information should i enter there?

Thanks,
Chris

localhost

c.mclean
10-19-2006, 10:20 AM
ah......

I got it to work now.... thank you Naval....

Chris

navaldesign
10-19-2006, 10:30 AM
You're welcome Chris

Michael73
10-26-2006, 06:38 PM
Thank you George!!!

sunset56
11-03-2006, 05:19 AM
Cannot finish installation, I get this message "Could not connect to MySQL server" Been trying all night. Could use some help. Thanks.

Monty

navaldesign
11-03-2006, 06:02 AM
Cannot finish installation, I get this message "Could not connect to MySQL server" Been trying all night. Could use some help. Thanks.

Monty

Have you set up a database ? If yes, you have probably entered the wrong DB details in the installation wizard of FMP

sunset56
11-03-2006, 12:40 PM
Hi Naval,

Yes I did set up a database, and I have tried to enter the information as requested. I am sure it is something quite simple, which puzzles me.

I did notice that I have two fmp folders, one in the public_html folder and another in the www folder, would that be the problem?

Maybe I should delete and start over again. ???

Thanks,

Monty

Have you set up a database ? If yes, you have probably entered the wrong DB details in the installation wizard of FMP

MatthewBird
11-17-2006, 01:16 AM
Help--
I have read through the forums and dont see a solution to the error when you try to install of "could not select my sql database".. is there anyone who can tell me what I am doing wrong..
thanks I have been working on this for way too long with no resolution. do I need to rebuild the database or am I makeing another error?
:-)

navaldesign
11-17-2006, 04:27 AM
A "Could not connect to the database" error is exclusively a database loggin details error. If you wish, use myform (http://www.navaldesign.info/feedback13.html) to send me your login details and i'll fix it for you.

MatthewBird
12-03-2006, 03:59 AM
Thank You for your kind assistance.

navaldesign
12-03-2006, 04:50 AM
Fixed. You have mail.