Form Maker Pro Install help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form Maker Pro Install help needed

OK--probably a REALLY dumb question, but in step #4 of the Installation instructions for Form Maker Pro, it says: "chmod the the entire fmp folder to 755 unless you are on teh voda2 server IP 70.86.30.66 you will chmod the the entire fmp folder to to 777"

What does "chmod" mean and how do I do it?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Believe and you will achieve!

Re: Form Maker Pro Install help needed

you can do it from ftp or file manager control panel.
    log to your public_html using Blue FTP>choose the file you want to chmod>click properties>you will see the permission field where you can set chmod
    Nyoman

Comment

Thanks for your help, Nyoman!
      Believe and you will achieve!

Comment

Originally posted by Nyoman
        you can do it from ftp or file manager control panel.
        log to your public_html using Blue FTP>choose the file you want to chmod>click properties>you will see the permission field where you can set chmod
        can you tell me why do i recive ' SCUõžRxœc```fpcdàd nô ' when i www.mysite.com.fmp/install.php from ny browser? Vodahost Support told me to delete all files i had uploaded to public_html/fmp, the entire fmp folder, and files contained in it. Does one have to upload only install.php file or all file inside fmp folder? what about other folders inside fmp?

Comment

Just upload the entire fmp folder and make sure you follow the chmod instructions. NOTE: when running the install, don't forget the slash - mysite.com/fmp/install.php.
          My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Mbizeni
            can you tell me why do i recive ' SCUõžRxœc```fpcdàd nô ' when i www.mysite.com.fmp/install.php from ny browser? Vodahost Support told me to delete all files i had uploaded to public_html/fmp, the entire fmp folder, and files contained in it. Does one have to upload only install.php file or all file inside fmp folder? what about other folders inside fmp?
            Your problem is fixed: i installed FMP for you. Created new database, uploaded the files again, installed and now it is ok. Just loggin in http://www.manidi.com/fmp/
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi everyone

I don't think that was a dumb question at all. I can't even find the Form maker install files. It is supposed to be in the Treasure Chest area of the Support Forum. There seems to be no such thing. Help please.

Comment

When I wanted fmp I just put in a support ticket and they sent me the link for downloading...................
                Have fun
                Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                Newbies / Beginners Forum
                FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Originally posted by G4G
                  Hi everyone

I don't think that was a dumb question at all. I can't even find the Form maker install files. It is supposed to be in the Treasure Chest area of the Support Forum. There seems to be no such thing. Help please.
                  You need a password and the appropriate link. If you are a VH customer please submit a support ticket and your password, to download the Form Maker pro, will be sent to you.
                  Navaldesign
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I may have goofed the form maker install

I was following the instructions on installing the form maker and it was going fine until I came across the CHMOD instruction. Well, I just did a drag and drop for the folder into the public_html directory and it worked. There is now a folder in that directory named FMP and has what appears to be all the files I need, Using the browser, I followed the instructions to install. I received the following error:

Template error - set_root:tpl is not a directory.

I hope this means something to someone. To me it means I should have found out where the CHMOD command was. Any assistance on how to fix this would be greatly apprecieated.

Comment

Blue FTP has a bad habit: it DOES NOT upload all the files, when you drag the whole directory. Please check folder by folder to see if all files are uploaded. To change the permissions of the folder, rig***lick it, select "Properties" and set it to 755
                      Navaldesign

Comment

I deleted the fmp folder twice and uploaded it again.
                        As you probably can see, it is correctly uploaded
                        However, typing in: www.artrental.biz/fmp/install.php gives following error message:
                        Template Error: set_root: tpl is not a directory.
                        Halted.
                        can somebody help me on this???
                        thanks!
                        www.artrental.be
                        www.artrental.nl
                        www.artrental.biz

Comment

Sorry, but we cannot see. To see we need your loggin info. If you wish use myform ands end me your IP, Username and PAssword and i will look to it.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Hey Im trying to do this and I got everything down to the point where I go to install using my browser and I get this error message..

Template Error: set_root: tpl is not a directory.
                            Halted.

anyone know what thats about?

Jewelz
                            Glitzz Original Hand-made Beaded Jewelry, Accessories, and Gifts By Julie Knight of Toronto, Canada. OH YEAH BABY CANADA!!!

Comment

MANY members have had the same problem. Please look at post #11
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X