PDA

View Full Version : Coffee & Tea, please

SChajin
06-29-2006, 11:26 PM
Please take the time to answer these. Thank you....Thank you

If everyone would be so kind to answer this question for me I will be greatful forever.
1. Do you have to have coffee or tea first thing in the morning, before all else.
2. What do you do when you travel?

Mihir
06-30-2006, 12:27 AM
You should have milk or buttermilk in the morning, not dangerous tea or coffe which destroy the health.

beegud2
06-30-2006, 12:36 AM
Hi Sharon.

Q1. Do you have to have coffee or tea first thing in the morning, before all else.

A1. I'm a coffee person and I love it...(coffee actually has many health benfits and unless consumed in vast quantities is beneficial to the health as proven in many recent medical studies ...can't remember which ones now...sorry..lol)

Q2. What do you do when you travel?

A2. I like to be prepared when I travel. Generally I get everything packed and in the car the night before and all my papers money etc are in my bag so there is no''oops' I forgot' moment to deal with at the airport. Using a list ...preferably written...helps...but then I'm a bit 'ana'' about being organized when I travel.

Hope that helps and let me know the results...I'm curious.

latah..bzzz

Brad
06-30-2006, 12:53 AM

If everyone would be so kind to answer this question for me I will be greatful forever.
1. Do you have to have coffee or tea first thing in the morning, before all else.

1) I drink coffee all day long, Tea is a POM drink.
2) I don't understand the second question. I do lot's of stuff.

Girlonthehill
06-30-2006, 12:54 AM

Used to be tea, religiously, now it's coffee. When I travel it's always coffee 'cause you can't get a decent cup of English tea abroad!

beegud2
06-30-2006, 01:01 AM
Hmmm...Sharon methinks we folks is confused on the second Q....could you help us out...did you mean what do we drink or what do we do to get ready for trip.

Isn't it amazing how the same sentence has everyone interpreting differently?...cool ...although I suppose in diplomatic cirlces we could have caused a sorld crisis of sorts by now....LOL

bzzz

bill2006
06-30-2006, 05:12 AM
I think that whatever I say about preferences will incriminate me, lol.

Brad, what's POM ? I'm a marketer and never heard that, so curious.

Girlonthehill
06-30-2006, 05:16 AM
I think that whatever I say about preferences will incriminate me, lol.

Brad, what's POM ? I'm a marketer and never heard that, so curious.
A POM is a Brit! You know - Pommeys. LOL

bill2006
06-30-2006, 05:31 AM
Lol thank you Amanda. Always learn a thing or two.

circuspet.com
06-30-2006, 12:29 PM
Hey Bill,

Did you bribe the colonel to start this thread?
I drank 20-30 cups of coffee a day
In Italy I would order six expersos at a time and locals would move away from me thinking I would surely explode.
Now I dirnk tea, conservatively.

SChajin
06-30-2006, 01:06 PM
Thanks all, what I mean for question #2 is : When you travel and say your in your hotel room do you 1. Drink instant 2. Order a pot of coffee or 3. Can you wait for the cafe.

Thanks again

beegud2
06-30-2006, 01:55 PM
Luckily for me so far...all the hotels I have ever stayed in have those neat little coffee pots and REAL coffee (not our Jamaica Mountain or Blue Mountain...but it'll do)...and a nice electric kettle for making tea. But I always have a nice second cup at breakfast.

Can you wait for the cafe?...woman are you crazy...true coffee aholics would die or end up taking out a few people before they were locked up if they had to wait for their mornin cuppa....lol

SChajin
06-30-2006, 03:16 PM
That is me I have to lay on the counter until coffee is done, I don't even speak. Most of the hotels I have stayed in only offer instant and in Europe a lot don't even offer that.

circuspet.com
06-30-2006, 04:31 PM
I guess I didn't do the survay correct so then I wont be getting that free laptop. LOL

SChajin
06-30-2006, 05:25 PM
No lap top for you!

moviemedic
06-30-2006, 05:34 PM
I dirink coffee in the morning. I drink coffee when I travel. I find the closest Starbucks. Coffee can be good for you according to the latest studies
(good antioxidant). That makes me happy.

ps I do like tea it is just more time consuming to make it right.

moviemedic

www.billygorilly.com

Girlonthehill
06-30-2006, 06:30 PM
I could wait, I did in Cuba, but their coffee was worth waiting for, yummy). Lol. I usually take a travel kettle and supplies - of tea, coffee, sugar and creamer. I don't mind a cup of instant, so long as it's a good brand (which does NOT include Nescafe). Hope this information helps you in your research. http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/images/icons/icon7.gif

SChajin
06-30-2006, 07:42 PM
Thanks Amanda and to all who answerd, we are getting ready to manufacture a small light weight travel coffee maker that requires no electric.

moviemedic
06-30-2006, 08:19 PM
Wow! no electric power needed. that sounds cool. That might be the thing I need when I'm working on location in the middle of no where before the generators are up and working.

www.billygorilly.com

bill2006
06-30-2006, 08:36 PM
Thanks Amanda and to all who answerd, we are getting ready to manufacture a small light weight travel coffee maker that requires no electric.

Would you be interested in a solar powered unit?

SChajin
06-30-2006, 08:38 PM
Tell me about it, maybe

SChajin
06-30-2006, 08:39 PM
Are you state side?

bill2006
06-30-2006, 08:39 PM
I dirink coffee in the morning. I drink coffee when I travel. I find the closest Starbucks. Coffee can be good for you according to the latest studies
(good antioxidant). That makes me happy.

ps I do like tea it is just more time consuming to make it right.

moviemedic

www.billygorilly.com (http://www.billygorilly.com)

Did you know that Starbucks mixes overroasted coffees? ah such a profitable trend.

The best in the USA is available at Dunkin Donuts (now a British company - whew that will please my Voda friends from acros the puddle).

bill2006
06-30-2006, 08:40 PM
[quote=SChajin]Are you state side?[/quote

CT and FLA when I can get away.

bill2006
06-30-2006, 08:41 PM
Hey Bill,

Did you bribe the colonel to start this thread?
I drank 20-30 cups of coffee a day
In Italy I would order six expersos at a time and locals would move away from me thinking I would surely explode.
Now I dirnk tea, conservatively.

Thank you for the endorsement !!!!
What would we do without coffee or tea.

SChajin
06-30-2006, 08:42 PM
Do you want to e-mail me your number and I can call?

circuspet.com
06-30-2006, 08:43 PM
Where I live there's a starbucks on every corner. in every grocery store an alas even the hospital. I think I'll invest in pay toilets. lmao

bill2006
06-30-2006, 08:46 PM
Thanks all, what I mean for question #2 is : When you travel and say your in your hotel room do you 1. Drink instant 2. Order a pot of coffee or 3. Can you wait for the cafe.

Thanks again

1. I have coffee first thing in the morning and sometime around noon switch to tea and end the day with tea.
2. A lot of hotels have small coffee makers in the room, I'll make my own if Juan Valdez Colombian and then have another in the cafe.

Lot of places just don't have the right coffees or burn it. Nothing like a good cappuchino or expresso, or a strong "cuban" coffee in Miami.

SChajin
06-30-2006, 08:49 PM
E-mail me your phone number and I will call you, if you want

Would you be interested in a solar powered unit?

moviemedic
06-30-2006, 08:57 PM
A solar unit to make coffee. How does that work. In the movie business we live on coffee. Sometimes we get grumpy because craft service (our snack and beverage people ) can't get the power up fast enough for us in the morning. Especially when we are on remote locations. Our electric crew has to power the lights and cameras first!

SChajin
06-30-2006, 09:37 PM
I don't know about solar as that is not what we are plannig to build, buy I would like to hear more about it.

beegud2
06-30-2006, 11:28 PM
A solar powered one would be great in JA. Bill some info please...me interested...lol

Also Amanda...for some reason Nescafe here in JA is great...I don't know if comapanies make it differently or it's the water....somehting to ponder...

Also if you eve get the chance try our Jamaican Blue Mountain instant...it's supposed to be great and the Indian BRU version not bad....I bet if I were to look closely, they are all probably made by Nestle (an American company)...LOL

latah
folks

bill2006
07-01-2006, 12:49 AM
Have to get back to all on the solar charger, the vendor has switched to making solar chargers for a more profitable line -***'s, cell phones and little gizmos.
They have promised to get back to me with details.
With long weekend ahead, I will be enjoying a tequila by a lake.

circuspet.com
07-01-2006, 01:59 AM
Amanda,
Have you ever had cold press coffee? Made without heat, the richness is at its best with the least amount of bitterness. I brewed mine in the frige for two days. As ampie as anthing starbucks has.......Jittttttter juice.

choco777
07-09-2006, 02:59 AM
Used to drink coffee all day long but, when I moved to Mexico a good coffee was impossible to find and I hated instant, so I drink chocolate 3-4 cups a day it is quite healthy and is 70% pure. Coffee does have many health benefits, I was told by a doctor than 3-4 cups is good for your health. If there is none available I just make everyone else miserable

circuspet.com
07-09-2006, 03:38 AM
I must agree, Que Bien is not very good, but they do grow excelent
coffee in mexico, I think it just never gets to the Mexican market. They must sell the good stuf to starbucks. lol

Have you ever tried Red Lion or Kona from hawaii ?

Vasili
07-09-2006, 03:57 AM
frickle, frackle, friggin caffeine fix....
Cold press, hot steamed, holding it in a jigger while doing the rhumba, it don't matter!!!
I NEEDS me coffee! I distinctly remember the affection Bee's fellow islanders have for rubbing raw chocolate in their dreads, and how purely relaxing drinking it early in the morning on the balcony at a 5-star villa overlooking the eastern shores of Mexico can be, but right now, it's either got to be a double-shot at the bottom of a Venti with some ice floating to cool it of to drinking temp, or 2 cigarettes chain-smoked in 10 minutes....

I am partial to Blue Mountain being brewed extra strong in a regular coffee maker, Kona strong also with cookies, and hot chocolate made from scratch.
A good Nescafe done fresco/Mediterranean style is always good too, though!

asirimarco
07-09-2006, 03:59 AM
Another place with bad coffee is Colombia - what ever Juan Valdez rejects - gets served in Colombia - along with alka seltzer on all the menus - that was the only time in my life i drank coca cola for breakfast
www.movingon1.com (http://www.movingon1.com)

Lincslady
07-09-2006, 04:20 AM
My first cuppa of the day is Tea, after that my caffitiere comes out ....I hate Nescafe which seems to be in all hotels ive ever stayed in..so I tend to drink tea ..unless I can get hold of a pot of fresh coffee... Most brits take tea on holiday cos nobody else can make it properly lol

bill2006
07-09-2006, 04:58 PM
Another place with bad coffee is Colombia - what ever Juan Valdez rejects - gets served in Colombia - along with alka seltzer on all the menus - that was the only time in my life i drank coca cola for breakfast
www.movingon1.com (http://www.movingon1.com)

I doubt that they would appreciate that. Colombians actually have excellent coffee, what they lack is the ability to brew it like Europeans. Its difficult to find a good cappuchino or espresso. Their's is a mild richly flavored coffee served in a small cup called "tinto" as in red wine.

choco777
07-09-2006, 09:18 PM
Have to agree with bill,first time I ever used french press (great like stove top pot coffee but no grounds) in Bogota and Coumbia supremo is tops. Blue Mt. can't be found here we are tooooo rural but it is the madre of coffee.

limebrook1
07-12-2006, 09:07 AM
I only ever drink tea. Had to go without a cup for the whole week in Tucson as the hotel only had instant coffee, and silly us forgot to take some tea bags and a travel kettle!

Bethers
07-12-2006, 05:11 PM
I'm the odd one out - no coffee, no tea, don't like either - mainly drink water - am on a lemonade kick now - and usually try to have something with my Vitamin C in it in the morning.

They have these great fruit mixes now - 100% vitamin C with no calories - so I'm onto those!

Since I live traveling - it's home - and I do the same.

beegud2
07-13-2006, 12:08 AM
Hi all...Beth you are truly the wise one here...other than coffee and tea ...I live on water...I usually love nice glass of water over even fruit drinks. Hae you noticed the varying tastes water has in different places? It's wonderful...although...I gotta say thebest water is from my mom's village in india...the sweetest you ever tasted...

Ok..enough on the water already..sorry...hehe

circuspet.com
07-13-2006, 04:07 PM
Beezzz:

Nice to see you back. You must have run out of coffeefor a few days.

beegud2
07-13-2006, 11:16 PM
Beezzz:

Nice to see you back. You must have run out of coffeefor a few days.

No...too much coffeee...lol...been busy helping friend with his site and working on my writing...get lost when that happens...another world...hahaha..hows your album going?

circuspet.com
07-14-2006, 02:21 AM
Beezzz:

I'm afraid it's going to take more than coffee to get me through this maze.
Iv.e been on the forum at Jalbum. Reading three pages to get a sentence of what I wanted to know. I did get a new domain up so that I could use soholaunch but after I read up on custom page templets I think I will use
BV to build the gallerys and the store. my on line efforts affroded me 59
junk e-mails. I've come to the conclusion that forums are for spamers.
I think what I need now is a bottle of wine and some time to reflect and redirect.
Hope everything is well with you. Haven't had time to check out your site in a couple of days. I don't have anything to report on that front.

beegud2
07-14-2006, 02:55 AM
Iv.e been on the forum at Jalbum.

Yeah they are pretty much no help on that forum for me...I don't think I have even heard back since I posted.

IF you need any help...email me through Beez World and I'll get on it right away...we can't have you wondering about in a dazed and confused state due to this stuff...you are supposed to be having fun as welll...lol

Maybe I can help get you album together or something...

But on the other had a good glass of wine and some relaxation is certainly the key...

Haven't done much to my site lately but have been toying with changing it around....we'll see...lol

Alrughty then...latah.

priji
02-22-2008, 06:45 AM
I Drink Two Cup Of Coffee Daily.

bjmac
03-12-2008, 05:59 AM
home roasted and home brewed first thing in the morning.
Sees how we are farmers... what is traveling??? Do you mean when I walk or ride the fence lines? If so, i just drink water, but it is an interesting question to all you travelers.

pioneerVicki
03-15-2008, 11:19 AM
We seem to have gotten totally on to tea & coffee & forgotten the travelling. One thing I do with travelling these days is to use a bum bag. They are great for airports, you can use your hand without concern for your purse. On the plane you always have your glasses & money for online purchases without fumbling through bags. Just have your book & your all set. Also if I ever need to leave the plane in an emergency (hope not!) I have all my really important stuff on me as you have you leave all your bags behind. Anyone else got any helpful tips?

VodaHost
03-25-2008, 11:03 AM
Lately....I have taken a liking to Kenyan coffee...StarBucks is evil http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/images/icons/icon12.gif

LadyEye
03-30-2008, 10:05 AM
We seem to have gotten totally on to tea & coffee & forgotten the travelling. One thing I do with travelling these days is to use a bum bag. They are great for airports, you can use your hand without concern for your purse. On the plane you always have your glasses & money for online purchases without fumbling through bags. Just have your book & your all set. Also if I ever need to leave the plane in an emergency (hope not!) I have all my really important stuff on me as you have you leave all your bags behind. Anyone else got any helpful tips?

Ha, I always like to have my toothbrush and my pj's tucked with me, in case my luggage is lost, I can at least go to bed!!

Vasili
03-31-2008, 09:39 AM
Lately....I have taken a liking to Kenyan coffee...StarBucks is evil http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/images/icons/icon12.gifBeen saying that for ages....proof again no one listens to bald webbies....

I prefer brewing an esspreso blend (Stratus) ground for regular drip filter size grounds and making pots at a time.....and of course, I have my ample supply of Jamaican Blue Mountain which I refill every trip, bringing back at least 10 pounds at a time!

Ashton
08-20-2008, 10:17 AM
is it a possiblity to cook tea and coffee with electric?

sedona
08-20-2008, 06:09 PM
I drink coffee (Gevalia) in the morning at home, mix full strength and decaf 1/2 and 1/2, 2 or 3 cups. Occasionally a cup during the day but never after late afternoon.

In the winter I tend to drink more tea but only decaf in the evenings. Sharon (an English girl) doesn't care for tea at all and drinks a little coffee.

When traveling the hotels we stay in we brew it in the room. When camping I brew a pot the second I get up.

Would rather go without than drink instant.

pshop
08-25-2008, 01:41 PM
hey dudes this is not a coffee shop. bring your forum somewhere else... ok

quiltergal
08-27-2008, 03:04 AM
Ok, I'm obviously in the minority here, but I drink TEA, love the smell of coffee just not the taste. When I travel I carry my own tea.
KK

zuriatman
06-10-2009, 06:22 AM
Six cup of tea a day will keep the doctors away.

Research in china has pointed to to a conclusion that Chinese tea drinkers
live to a ripe old age.

cls
06-27-2009, 04:49 AM
I drink coffee in the morning.

cls
06-27-2009, 04:56 AM
I do a number of things when traveling.