Anything other than .gif?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything other than .gif?

I have made my own logo for my forum, I have uploaded and its there under the title of logo_phpBB.gif

my question is how can I get better image quailty than .gif, I have my image, I open it in paint and then use save as to convert to gif but as you can see (www.pclobby.net/phpBB/index.php) it is grainy.

How else can I convert it to gif to retain quailty, or how can i use other than .gif?

Re: Anything other than .gif?

I use jpeg´s for photos
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

.jpg
      .jpeg
      .bmp
      .gif
      Best regards,
      Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

phpBB Templates are written to accept only GIF's, and in the exact size originally specified, unfortunately. There are actually 3 "images" that you can replace, all found in the Templates > Images folder via FTP: phpbb_logo.gif, php_logo_med.gif, and I can't recall the 3rd which is the small little image next to the Forum Index link at the top and bottom of the Forum. Your replacements should all be the exact size as the original to present clearly and without fail.

I even tore hair out trying to figure out what I was doing wrong until I saw that my files were being saved in Cap's, not lower case extensions!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
          phpBB Templates are written to accept only GIF's, and in the exact size originally specified, unfortunately. There are actually 3 "images" that you can replace, all found in the Templates > Images folder via FTP: phpbb_logo.gif, php_logo_med.gif, and I can't recall the 3rd which is the small little image next to the Forum Index link at the top and bottom of the Forum. Your replacements should all be the exact size as the original to present clearly and without fail.

I even tore hair out trying to figure out what I was doing wrong until I saw that my files were being saved in Cap's, not lower case extensions!
          Yes my friend this is ture, but you can get it to accept the others but you would have to edit all files that Correspond with the new image type, but thats a big job just for one image, better to resize with pixresizer then change file type. then do as you said.

Comment

The bottom line is image quality is dependent only on the original state of the image when you got it.. If you get, or make, a lousy image in GIF, saving it in jpg will not make a difference.. If your original GIF is not good quality, I'm afraid, unless you have some nifty software to improve it, changing its format aint gonna make a big deal of difference.

Comment

Working...
            X