PDA

View Full Version : Who has made the best website?

Marincky
07-01-2006, 11:39 PM
Ok guys, post your answers here... who's website do you think is really deserving the Vodahost Gold award of excellence...?

Reccommend a website you have seen that really took your breath away.

My vote goes to George Hester's site... George Hester's Website! (http://www.georgehester.com/)

Aliens Anonymous
07-02-2006, 12:10 AM
Sorry Marincky but i think this just might get moved,

Sunnywhitehouse
07-03-2006, 02:57 PM
Ok guys, post your answers here... who's website do you think is really deserving the Vodahost Gold award of excellence...?

Reccommend a website you have seen that really took your breath away.

My vote goes to George Hester's site... George Hester's Website! (http://www.georgehester.com/)
Hi Sarg
How about this site then, Sunnybank Guest House. Bed & Breakfast accomodation in Last of the Summer Wine's Holmfirth (http://www.sunnybankguesthouse.co.uk)
Any comments would be appreciated.
Cheers
Peter

zigzag
07-03-2006, 10:55 PM
To ask for the "best" is a bit unfair. I would however, like to compliment George Hester. His use of black and white photographs, some taken at unusual angles, make a very interesting and imaginative web site.

choco777
07-03-2006, 11:35 PM
I agree with Royden. Besides Harrow would certainly have to be considered.

mexico maya tours (http://www.mayatabasco.com)

Marincky
07-03-2006, 11:50 PM
Ok sorry, maybe not the best then, I didn't mean any offence guys, Sorry. Just think we all do such a fantastic job with this software that we ALL need to be proud of ourselves

Marincky
07-03-2006, 11:54 PM
How does Harrow get those sub menu's to appear on his menu links on the home page? anyone any ideas?

zigzag
07-04-2006, 04:44 AM
Hi Marincky,
The menu bar is created with a product called AllWebMenus and costs $40 . You can create some extremely fancy menus with this product.

At the time, I wanted to create headings for the sub menu items, and couldn't do it in BV, so I bought AWM. But on reflection, it is not worth spending $40 on something you may only use once.

Regards,

Dream Lady
07-04-2006, 07:21 AM
You are right in that there are so many great sites. Everyone has their unique way of setting their sites up and with the tools available on Blue Voda, that is what makes it so special, to see so many different, unique and professional sites! How about a big hand for everyone!!

davidundalicia
07-04-2006, 10:58 AM
Could not have put that any better myself Cindy.....and so true.

allstarfaces
07-04-2006, 11:43 AM
mines the best lol

davidundalicia
07-04-2006, 03:09 PM
As you have sold me yours, that means that MINE is the best !!!!!

circuspet.com
07-04-2006, 03:25 PM
To make this award a true BV award, shouldn't use of tools not offered by BV disqualify contestants ? Although Georges is the most artfull I've ever seen, I don't believe it's all BV. Let's keep the playing field even. $$$$$$

beegud2
07-04-2006, 03:53 PM
Yeaah...then I have got a shot..oh wait no I don't got as hot..I used Jablum...and here I finally would have had a chance at glory..sigh...back to the drawing board....

All the websites are pretty fantastic but I think Bird has got a pretty good website and so does Amanda. And Andy 128 and David have the most useful with tutorials...navaldesign too...ok I'll stop now...see too many good people...I'd hate to be the judge on this...mmm BUT bribery works...GODIVA DARK CHOCOLATES WITH RASPBERRY...just a teeny weeny hint there...lol

circuspet.com
07-04-2006, 04:00 PM
Dear Beezzz,

I'm still playing with Jalbum, when I can use it efectively I will use it to start my gallerys. It will work for me for at least the first year.

beegud2
07-04-2006, 04:07 PM
Hey if you need help...just let me know...it wasn't so bad...and not as hard once you get it figured ot.

davidundalicia
07-04-2006, 04:07 PM
I have Lots and Lots of dark chocolate and raspberry jam cakes !!!!!!
and AllStar has already voted his/my site as being the best.....

Do I win ????

beegud2
07-04-2006, 04:15 PM
You got my vote...lol
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_5_1.gif

circuspet.com
07-04-2006, 04:19 PM
Thank you Beezzz,
I will take you up on that as soon as I learn how to word my questions
in a manor someone could understand (intellagable).

While your at it do you have a cure for slow.

davidundalicia
07-04-2006, 04:25 PM
Bezzzzzzz......that now makes 2 votes....yipeeee

circuspet: yes its called FAST

beegud2
07-04-2006, 04:27 PM
Thank you Beezzz,
I will take you up on that as soon as I learn how to word my questions
in a manor someone could understand (intellagable).

While your at it do you have a cure for slow.

Sorry..no cure for slow...I think the turtle just passed me...still working on that one....

Hey here's one thing I did.....I placed an I frame and then linked it to the album and then resized my I-frame to fit the size of the album. You jsut have to make sure you have either an empty page or space on the page you want it on. Hope that helps a little.

I'll be around...when you are ready though.

bzzz

circuspet.com
07-04-2006, 04:29 PM
Dear General,

I never learned fast it takes too long. lmao

Vasili
07-07-2006, 12:36 AM
You simply must pour yourself another cup of Jamaican Jablum......
it'll either wake your butt up or knock you into silence for hours at a time!

I take a couple of cups and get moving so fast I don't care if I'm doing anything at all, just to keep moving!

And, I agree that what really needs to be celebrated is the VodaHost Opportunity itself, and how the availability of the tools and technologies have unleashed the potential and creativity that is within each of us!

Hester
07-07-2006, 04:22 AM
aw man... appreciate the vote, but *****s and oranges in most cases. :)

my site is cool. but I'm a modest guy... just trying to advertise my stuff. And I honestly wish my site was a little better.... though, it's just a start to what I now enjoy to do in my spare time.

circuspet.com
07-07-2006, 04:31 AM
George;

It seams you artistic abilitys are not limited to music. one of the modt pleasing to the eye I have seen.

Mr. Pure
07-07-2006, 06:01 AM
Which site is the best? I think the answer is "PURE"ly obvious....hahaha. Pardon the bad joke...couldn't resist.

VodaHost
07-07-2006, 06:44 AM
moving to review section