Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• banner rotation

Hi,
    I am currently designing my site and will want to put on banners so I can make some money. I know how to use blue voda to rotate pictures and presume I can do the same 4 banners, but what I really want to do is have it so that when a different person opens the page a random banner from a group will appear and stay there (not rotate). Say i had 15 banners, with enough room for 5 on the page. when some1 opens the page 5 from the 15 will be displayed and stay there until the person opens a different page, if that person would then refresh the page a different 5 from the 15 would appear.
    i hope i've made it clear!
    Is it possible? what do i need to do? do i need a script for it?
    thanks in advance

Re: banner rotation

Originally posted by benants
    Hi,
    I am currently designing my site and will want to put on banners so I can make some money. I know how to use blue voda to rotate pictures and presume I can do the same 4 banners, but what I really want to do is have it so that when a different person opens the page a random banner from a group will appear and stay there (not rotate). Say i had 15 banners, with enough room for 5 on the page. when some1 opens the page 5 from the 15 will be displayed and stay there until the person opens a different page, if that person would then refresh the page a different 5 from the 15 would appear.
    i hope i've made it clear!
    Is it possible? what do i need to do? do i need a script for it?
    thanks in advance
    Hi!

I'm racking my brain, but don't think there is a way to achieve this without the use of a script. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Hotscripts are supposed to be very good - here's the 'banner rotation' page: Hotscripts.com :: JavaScript :: Scripts and Programs :: Banner Rotation

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

You reminded me to look for one. This one might do the trick.

Goetz's Banner Script - Have Random Ads On Your Page

Or even beter
      JavaScript City: Free JavaScripts: Random Image Display

Chris
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks very much 4 ur help!
        I'll give both a go and c what i prefer