Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Artists Network

Hi, everyone. Here's my new site: New Artists Network Home

I could use some feedback. This is the first site I've built, so be kind!
    I'm trying to build a better casting section as well (which currently resides in the forum section). Does anyone have any advice on how I can easily build a casting section where users can upload six pictures to their profile, and privately submit a pic/resume to a casting post? This is where I'm stuck.

Thanks. Oh, and VodaHost Rocks!

Mike

Re: New Artists Network

If this is your 1st site you are doing well.
    There maybe something in your control panel under fantastico that may do this. The nearest I have seen to doing some sort of thing near to what you are after is a links managment program. This allows a visitor to join either free or via payment & they can place information about their websites & a banner. This software is worth a look & they should adapt it for you http://turn-k.net/k-links If not this one have a look around under this type of search. The nice thing about this sort of software! is you will be able to index everthing as you want to, and instead of banners you could have photos.

Good luck.

Chris.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I looked at everything in Fantastico, but nothing seems to do what I want it to. Some programs are close, like Siteframe, the Real Estate program, Drupal, etc., but none seem to have the complete package. I'd love everyone to have a Myspace type of profile, if possible, but I'm willing to settle for something close.
      The key elements I need are:
      1) Users can explore each other's profiles and send each other messages
      2) There is a searchable casting section that runs similar to a classified ad program (Like Mandy.com or Craig's List talent section). It would be preferable if people could submit their resume and pics within the site, so casting directors could check the submissions when they log in (this would be viewable by the poster only). If not, then email submissions will have to do.
      I'm basically trying to combine Myspace with LACasting.com.
      Thanks.

Comment

For a first timer, you have done very well indeed.
        Must have taken you ages what with all those links and all.

Well done and I with you luck.

ps the only thing missing was a decent Contact us page.
        If you are looking for a quick solution see below .........
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Do you think its important to have a Contact Page when I have an About Us page, and a Contact Us link (which links to email)?

And yes, the links took forever to build, but I learned a lot. I think I am going to switch the link bar on the left to a drop down menu.

Thanks!

Comment

There are usually 2 problems with just having a mail me link..
            1)...If your visitors mail client sometimes opens blank and you lose a posible contact.
            2)...Spam bots go looking for published email addresses.

Advantage:
            your email address is contained in a php file on the server and therefore that much harder to obtain, and its always nice if your visitor can just leave you a message without going into their mail program.

Have fun
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
            Newbies / Beginners Forum
            FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
            My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
            Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Mike,

Very nice site. All the links seemed to work. You have many of them, no small task you had. Everything looks good to me. Only one comment and this is my personal preference, I like the site centered on the page and not off to the left. Easier to read if not up against the sides of browser window. I also liked your color choices.

Well done, good luck to you,
              moviemedic
              billygorilly.com
              flyingkittenmusic.com

Comment

Great site Mike! A lot of work went into that. I can appreciate what your doing, as my oldest son attended a casting call once and ended up in Chicago on a runway. The whole thing seemed like a scam, but it was a good experience for him. That was 8 years ago. Now he is in Jacksonville, trying to finish a script and do short films. There is a lot of talent out there, so hopefully they will find your site! Good luck!
                Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Thanks. I'm trying to help people from making the same expensive mistakes a lot of us have made when we were just starting out. Maybe that's why I was drawn to VodaHost (because the same concept seems to apply here)... Lots of help for little or no cost!

Comment

That is a nice job. I tried the links and wow! they work wish all mine did. You spend a lot of time and it paid off. Great job.
                    choco777
                    mexico maya tours
                    Choco777
                    www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Thanks. Yes, all the links work due to lots of "nerd hours" as my friend calls it. I guess its all about detail. Now I just need to learn php and make the site better.

Comment

Working...
                      X