help with iframes for text box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with iframes for text box

I am trying to make a scrolling text box with words inside similar to the one on K.D. Aubert on her bio and news pages there is just arrows and not the white side box and i also would like to have the color the same as my page background(transparent) someone gave me this code to do it but it doesnt have the arrows it has that box, he said i should use iframes and i don't even know what that is help someone please. i would also only like to have the side scroll bar.

<style>
    div.scrollbox
    {
    height: 200px;
    width: 400px;
    overflow-y: scroll;
    overflow-x: auto;
    font-family: tahoma;
    font-size: 10pt;
    color: #000000;
    }
    </style>
    <body>
    <div class="scrollbox">
    <p>
    <strong>this is gonna be where your loooong text is going to go. begin gibberish.. </strong>
    a;ldfja;lfj a;fja fjaf a sdfjas;dlj;rij 2;l3kh akhsdflu hasv; kvh asjhr;wlehar;el av;h eer erhe;hth a;vh;h ah se;krhekr legr ig avkhaekr erkhe avae eufe uu af afasun e ekjhber isuhafd kvjhe e eh uhiauhvkjah khfauhv uh hsakehr uah fah lvkjh vlk eueheh k havh kjher ea;ldfja;lfj a;fja fjaf a sdfjas;dlj;rij 2;l3kh akhsdflu hasv; kvh asjhr;wlehar;el av;h eer erhe;hth a;vh;h ah se;krhekr legr ig avkhaekr erkhe avae eufe uu af afasun e ekjhber isuhafd kvjhe e eh uhiauhvkjah khfauhv uh hsakehr uah fah lvkjh vlk eueheh k havh kjher euh ruwilh alkj e er jwkjehr a haiu vhejhr erjh ekhr kjha uhvkh ekejh kejr ejrh ekhaivuh kjeh e ruh kjavu eh kehr kjher akuhv kjhdkauhe rhkjher uk hkvhakhd ekrhe w uh avkhe ueh kahvknekur kha khv kjh huehfkejrh kjhr akuvhkhuh ruwilh alkj e er jwkjehr a haiu vhejhr erjh ekhr kjha uhvkh ekejh kejr ejrh ekhaivuh kjeh e ruh kjavu eh kehr kjher akuhv kjhdkauhe rhkjher uk hkvhakhd ekrhe w uh avkhe ueh kahvknekur kha khv kjh huehfkejrh kjhr akuvhkhe
    <strong>.. hopefully thats long enough.</strong>
    </p>
    </div>
    </body>

Re: help with iframes for text box

Originally posted by aprilpgb21
    I am trying to make a scrolling text box with words inside similar to the one on K.D. Aubert on her bio and news pages there is just arrows and not the white side box and i also would like to have the color the same as my page background(transparent) someone gave me this code to do it but it doesnt have the arrows it has that box, he said i should use iframes and i don't even know what that is help someone please. i would also only like to have the side scroll bar.
    Hi!
    Here are a couple of links, one to a tutorial by Keith, the other to a thread, both about i-frames. Please take a look at them - they'll give you a good understanding of i-frames and how they can be used. Your best way to learn is to play about and try different things out. If you get stuck - come right back and someone will be glad to help you.

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...r-i-frame.html

Blue Voda Web stuff

In the thread you will find the code for making them transparent too.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

The script she is useing is macromedia- flash with an External file. you could do it with a iframe but the scroller will be much the same as to the right of your screen. but you could change the colour.

Comment

thank you so much how could i change the color could you give me the code example with a different color?

Comment

Hi aprilpgb21
          You don't need a code, just make a page with your text on it. then open page properties edit background colour to match yours. then click the scrollbar button and edit the scrollbar to your liking. then change page size this might take a couple of trys. then save and publish.
          now open the page you wish the iframe to appear , click the iframe button on tool bar. resize then double click it, in the url put the full address of the page you just published , unclick the border bit, define if you want scrollbar if needed. then click ok . now click preview check to see everything is ok. if not go bagk and change things untill right.

Comment

OK aprilpg21 here's something i knocked useing ifame.
            Click here

Comment

Hi,
              Please have a look at my page called SA Candle Makers (from the menu).
              At the bottom of the page is a scrolling news box, and a link to where I got it from.

If you decide to use this method, and need help, just mail me.

Regards,
              Royden

www.harrow-art.com
              www.harrow.co.za

Comment

Hi,
                I like the scroller, would you be able to help me with that to put it on my site please?
                Elliott Liardo
                New Jersey Bass Federation
                www.NJBassFederation.com
                www.AmandaLiardo.com

Comment

Working...
                X