clear buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clear buttons

I wish BV had clear background buttons, so I wouldn't end up with four little white triangles surounding my buttons.CIRCUS PET

Re: clear buttons

Hi circuspet,
    what you are asking for is not that simple, even for graphics programs. I suggest that you do this: choose the button image that you want to use, as well as the mouse over image form the BV button library. Copy them to Photoshop, and eliminate the borders (the white area around the button itself) then save it as transparent gif, save it in the BV button library and use it for your menu. Another solution would be to color the white triangles around the button, with the same colour as your background.

The simplest way: copy the picture from here, save it in your BV button library. It usually is in C:\programs\BlueVoda Website Builder\navbar

Then edit your menubar in BV: go in Style, and choose the button image that you have just saved. You're done.

Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you very much for the info and the image.
      Your the best.

Comment

It took awhile to figure out how to do it, but now that it's done , my site looks much cleaner. Thanks again.

Comment

Images and buttons disappear!

Hi,
          do you know why I could not see any images or buttons I attached on the preview mode? Thanks!

frankiew

Comment

Did you remember to save, then publish, then review? The review will show your work as it is on the web, sometimes different than it looks on your BV builder page. When they are different it's a good indication a setting, ( like page properties ) is incorrect. If the connsept of web site building is new to you, as it was to me, go slow and careful. Repairing inital errors farther down the road can cost much time.

P.S. All the tutorial videos have a little recorder at the bottom of the page with a pause and a rewind. Take notes! The embarasment you save will be your own.

Comment

Navaldesign:
              I will atempt to convert my big top image (bitmap) to GIF with Photo Shop and see if I can get a clear background. It seams to be the slowest
              loading image I use.

Comment

It's the animated GIF that's heavy, not the header. The header is 4.6 Kb, the animated 360 Kb
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: Images and buttons disappear!

Originally posted by frankew
                  Hi,
                  do you know why I could not see any images or buttons I attached on the preview mode? Thanks!

frankiew
                  You should always "Refresh" your browser after making changes and publishing those changes....IE 'stores' the last viewed page for quick recall, and is not always the most intelligent about looking for a more current version!
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Actualy IE 7 need a lot of work, not ready for non experts yet.

Comment

Is there any way to make clear backgrounds on menu bars? I have a color gradient in the layer behind the menu bar, so a solid background color wouldn't really work. I know this feature is available with text, so I suppose I could just use hyperlinked text instead of a menu bar if this doesn't exist for menu bars. Thanks!!

Comment

Just downloaded the new version of paint.net 2.7 the tools have improved, although I haven't had time yet to play with it , I'm hoping for transparent backgrounds. This is a free program that imports images from your files flips and rotates and resizes. Anyone into griphics should try this one, it does translucent layers. check forum search for paint.net.

Comment

hey circuspet.com my wife said she likes your site but thought you may want to look at your spelling on runaway you have it runnaway
                          "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

actually, i have been working with an really cool program called:
                            BrowserBob Professional

they have a feature where the corners that aren't transparent are filled with solid color..and they call it the alpha color which in turn will make these colored areas completely transparent...

www.browserbob.com this is very nice program for GUI developers you can create brandable apps free and freely distribute and sell your apps.

i wonder if we can rip apart its inards and snag those codes..muahahah

sign here, here, here, oh and over there. lol just goofin around..seriously though, check it out. Just don't beat to my finish line...lets do it together at the same time, ok.
                            Robert
                            www.GraphXntrix.com
                            Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

naghosthunter:

Glad to see your wife reconfirming her good taste. I haven't reproofed my site in a few months, guess I'd better get with it.

Thanks and happy hollidays to you and yours,
                              Circus Pet

Comment

Working...
                              X