published ..but?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• published ..but?

hi i have published the pages i have finished....my home page opens fine...but none of my link buttons are working...i followed the tutorials and just checked my pages again and i have definately followed them to the book

any help would be great

kind regards

paul

Re: published ..but?

Originally posted by hugob055
    hi i have published the pages i have finished....my home page opens fine...but none of my link buttons are working...i followed the tutorials and just checked my pages again and i have definately followed them to the book

any help would be great

kind regards

paul
    Can you put the page url here so we can look?

Comment

Untitled Page

thx

Comment

Non of the buttons seems to be linked.

Select each button individually and re-link them. Also ensure that the buttons are placed at the front of the page and not behind any other objects. To check the current link on buttons, right click on the button and check properties.

Comment

Hi, it looks like your links are set up properly so I don't know why they are not working. I'd have a go at re-doing the navigation bar and re-publish your page. See if that does it.

Sorry Ez, didn't mean to step on your toes there....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

would a transparent shape ..stop the links...kind of like a blanket over them?

i have checked my links by typing my domain/link and i can get to the page

regards paul

Comment

Yes Paul.. As I mentioned before, make sure that the buttons, linked text, etc are in the fornt of the page.. I just viewed the source code of your page and the links look fine, but you seem to have an image of some sort and that was the last thing you did, the image is 799 x 801px.. I am not sure if that is the template you used to create the page, but in any case, even if the image is transparent it still blocks whatever is behind it. You might have used a box to frame the page and ofcourse that can still be positioned in the back and still appear as you want it.. The bottom line is, when the mouse is pointed at something it picks up that thing and not whatever is behind it.. so as I mentioned before, ensure that your links and menus are in the front. To achieve that, right click on each item and click 'bring to front'.

Comment

thanks folks the problem is sorted but............i didnt put a background in so to jazz the page up a little i used a transparent shape to make a frame round each page........is there another way to do this without covering my links

kind regards

paul

Comment

if it's a page frame, here's my suggestion: add the fram, right click on it and then select 'Move to back'.

Comment

also only half my links are working on my menu bar...could you have a look again please see if you can see the prob

thx

paul

Comment

also only half my links are working on my menu bar...could you have a look again please see if you can see the prob

thx

paul
                      Paul.. you are using rollover menus and they all seem to work fine here... I think you might have had some trouble as the page opens because rollover images have to all be loaded like everything else on the page, the images may have taken a lil longer than you expected to load.. but I can't see a problem with them.. expect for their size. you are using the BV default rollover images, you can either resize or replace them, in all cases, make sure that the test on the menu button is not hindered by graphics on the button itself... if you still have a problem, can you describe it again and be as pecific as possible.

Cheers.

Comment

thanx ez im working through each page and finding the little problems so hopefully in an hr it all should be sorted

thx

paul

Comment

you are very welcome..

You can always get back and let the forum know if you run into any problems and you will find that the guys here are technically savvy.

Also, I would suggest that once you've completed the site, put it on 'Promote your website forum' to get feedback and ideas from other members.. I can see though that your pages are neat and look professional.

Comment

Hi Paul,
                            Just checked your site out, and it looks great and works well. I had a small problem with your "how to book" page, but it resolved itself and seems fine now. Well done !
                            Mark
                            MARK6110

www.lorissecrets.co.uk
                            Mobile Hair & Beauty Treatments, Costa del Sol, Spain
                            www.princess-bride.co.uk
                            Bridal hair and make-up service, Costa del Sol, Spain

Comment

PS
                              I know it's a pain to go back
                              MARK6110

www.lorissecrets.co.uk
                              Mobile Hair & Beauty Treatments, Costa del Sol, Spain
                              www.princess-bride.co.uk
                              Bridal hair and make-up service, Costa del Sol, Spain

Comment

Working...
                              X