X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHMOD the entire FMP Folder to 755

Hi:
    I'm in the process of installing the form maker software. Can someone walk me through the "chmod the entire fmp folder to 755" what exactly do I need to do in cpanel to accomplish this? There were no instructions on how to do this particular step.
    Thanks,
    Index of /

P.S. I looked under properties after I transferred this folder to the server and under permissions it already said: 755. Is there anything else I need to do?

Re: CHMOD the entire FMP Folder to 755

Im not sure you can do that in cpanel. Your going to need a ftp program to do a chmod. Usually its as simple as selecting the folder, right clicking -> chmod, enter 755 and hit ok. (But this depends on the program you are using). BlueFTP (installed when you install bluevoda) has a ftp feature.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

You can also do it in cp anyway. Go to file manager, select the desired folder, and click (at the top right corner) on Change Permissions.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Wasn't aware cpanel has chmod feature... there you go, follow navals instructions

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

However Watdaflip is wright, the FTP solution is much more direct and easy.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for all your help.
            E.H.

Comment

Originally posted by Watdaflip
              Im not sure you can do that in cpanel. Your going to need a ftp program to do a chmod. Usually its as simple as selecting the folder, right clicking -> chmod, enter 755 and hit ok. (But this depends on the program you are using). BlueFTP (installed when you install bluevoda) has a ftp feature.
              Got it. New question: For the next step in stallation, I went under "run" and selected "install.php" from my downloads folder but it is asking for a serial number for Dreamweaver software. What's all this about? Do you have to have Dreamweaver to run this program? What "open with" should I select?
              Confused on this one.

Comment

Not on your computer, you must type http://www..../fmp/install.php on your browser.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                  Not on your computer, you must type http://www..../fmp/install.php on your browser.
                  Duh! Now I got it. It's the little things that make a difference.
                  Thanks again.

Comment

Hi again:
                    I typed in the above link with my website "www.epgusa.com/fmp/install.php" and got the following error message:

Warning: main(inc/template.lib.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/epguacom/public_html/fmp/install.php on line 2

Warning: main(inc/template.lib.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/epguacom/public_html/fmp/install.php on line 2

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'inc/template.lib.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home2/epguacom/public_html/fmp/install.php on line 2

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: template in /home2/epguacom/public_html/fmp/install.php on line 6

Can
                    you take a look at my account in FTP and tell me what I need to change? Not sure where the "home2" directory came from. I placed the fmp folder right off the public_html directory. You'll see it at the bottom.

Thanks

Comment

I have uploaded the entire fmp folder to public_html as it is and chmod every folder insidedmp to 755 including fmp itself to 755, but no luck,. When i run http://www.mysite.com/fmp/install.php, i get the message

SCUõžRxœc```fpcdàd nô from my browser. can you tell me exactly what is it that i'm not doing right.

Comment

Sorry, but the message here is gibberish, so i can't understand what the message is
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by Dween Bean
                          Hi again:
                          I typed in the above link with my website "www.epgusa.com/fmp/install.php" and got the following error message:

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'inc/template.lib.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home2/epguacom/public_html/fmp/install.php on line 2

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: template in /home2/epguacom/public_html/fmp/install.php on line 6

Can you take a look at my account in FTP and tell me what I need to change? Not sure where the "home2" directory came from. I placed the fmp folder right off the public_html directory. You'll see it at the bottom.

Thanks
                          I need your loggin info to have an inside look. If you wish so, use myform to send me IP, username and password.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by Mbizeni
                            I have uploaded the entire fmp folder to public_html as it is and chmod every folder insidedmp to 755 including fmp itself to 755, but no luck,. When i run http://www.mysite.com/fmp/install.php, i get the message

SCUõžRxœc```fpcdàd nô from my browser. can you tell me exactly what is it that i'm not doing right.
                            You keep posting this, but you're not helping us help you. What is your domain name?
                            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Sorry, but the message here is gibberish, so i can't understand what the message is
                              What i've done is this:-
                              1. I opened control panel, file manager, public_html,
                              2. Then i created folders inside public_html or a clone of fmp folder that is on my desktop. the same with other folders, subfolders etc

uploaded desktop fmp files to a clone fmp folder using file manager upload Upload file(s) option

I repeated the process until all fmp files, folders, subfolders in desktop are exactly like the one on public_html-same copy

With everything now similar in public_html (fmp files and folders) as is in the desktop fmp (files and folders).

I then changed permission on all fmp folders in public_html to 755. Then i clicked a file "install .php" (inside fmp folder) which then appeared as http:www.mysite.com/fmp/install.php from on the right side of file manager. It opened a browser (new window) with http:www.mysite.com/fmp/install.php in the address section of the browser.

The message i get is a blank page with SCUõžRxœc```fpcdàd nô this where i need help. Please look into my CP, I've used your form to send me IP, username and password. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X