Link is erased

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link is erased

I am trying to link to a friends site in sweden and I enter his URL and I click on accept, it closes the window, but when I check for the link there is nothing, his URL link is erased. Should I also have target to blank? Or how can I direct reader back to my site.
    Choco777
    www.mayatabasco.com

Re: Link is erased

Why can I not link to Lödahus Chokladkultur – Handgjord choklad från Österlen
    the address is valid, but I get the message that it cannot be found. I can access it directly. please help.
    Just as with my URL when I type it in it changes.It still brings up the page as does the above but it is not the page in sweden or mine in mexico. The link shows but it cannot find page.
    Choco777
    www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

The only thing I can think of is that you are doing it wrong.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

o.k. fair enough , in fact it is the only answer otherwise I guess I would not be asking. Thank you for taking the time. Here is exactly what I've done.
        irst the name is in a field on the page, highlite it,go to link icon above, type in exact URL,no spaces,don't forget the . com,like I often do,click on accept.........but it does not work. Also is the fact that hyperlinks that I type show differently a problem? How can I check what I did wrong?
        Choco777
        www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Hi Choco,
          In you first letter, are you referring to the creation of a text link in BV?. If you are, then I have noticed, that sometimes the link creation is not accepted, and has to be done again. The second time always works.

Whenever, I try and duplicate the fault, so I can report to the BV team on the exact circumstances, the link creation works first time.

Regards,
          Royden

www.harrow-art.com
          www.harrow.co.za

Comment

I have tried numerous times and it fails each time. I just wondered if the hyperlinks change when I type them if it has anything to do with this problem. I am going to type URL maya tabasco but with no spaces and include www .com and this is what I get mexico maya tours
            Choco777
            www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Originally posted by choco777
              I have tried numerous times and it fails each time. I just wondered if the hyperlinks change when I type them if it has anything to do with this problem. I am going to type URL maya tabasco but with no spaces and include www .com and this is what I get mexico maya tours
              Chocco,

1. What is the url for your page to which you are trying to add a link..?
              2. What happens if you type the text but without a link, does it show..?
              3. Do you have any objects that might be on top of the text such as transparent shape..etc..??

If you pot your url, can you please give an approximate indication as to where on the page the link is supposed to appear..

Comment

The link i'm trying to add is chokladkultur.se
                I can type the words without a link and yes they show
                No there is nothing covering the link, I tried it in different places
                Choco777
                www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Please provide the URL of the page where the link is, so we can have a look.
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

www.mayatabasco.com/tabasco_ cradle_ of _culture.html
                    thank you
                    Choco777
                    www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Chocco,

Correct the spelling of the url you are using.

to : chokladkultur.se

You've added an 'a'.

The correct url: Lödahus Chokladkultur – Handgjord choklad från Österlen

To get the exact url, right click on the link above and read the properties.

Comment

Well, it was me again. Well, if not Who...i guess. Thanks ez-ze. If the word was mispelled in the dictionary how are we going to know. Ask ez-ze i'd say. Really thanks I looked so hard I couldn't see it.
                        Choco777
                        www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

You are very welcome.. I gotta admit, it is a tricky name and chances are I would have missed it too.. But with a little help from note pad and google I was able to compare whats on your page to the actual url address..
                          Hope its all sorted now.
                          Cheers.

Comment

yah that seems to have done it. thanks again
                            Choco777
                            www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Working...
                            X