Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aarghh! Forms - Help please!!!

Hi all,

Have spend at LEAST 4 hours today trying to get a form to work.
    I have watched the tutorials over and over again!! please dont ask me to do so again. I have read the forums and found several former threads asking the same thing but even trying to follow the answers to their questions have not got me through!
    My question is.. i have completed a register now page. i simply want customers to be able to put their details in and register. i have the initial setup fine...only it goes to my email and i get a blank screen - NO DETAILS. i see others have asked the same question and i have changed the form properties in my blue voda register now page however....what do you mean - create a new file using notepad and call it (in my case) register.php? i did this and saved the html or php coding? and then uploaded to my ftp program. Well things went bad to worse ..i couldnt even view the page in my browser! i have deleted these new folders and am back to having the form set up and coming through to email only. PLEASE help....i need to access customers details...where am i going wrong???

Try this

Edit the script below where necessary and place this in your CONFIRMATION page

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="php">
    $email = $HTTP_POST_VARS[email];

$mailto = "ruth@rudesign.co.uk";

$mailsubj = "Form submission";

$mailhead = "From: $email\n";

reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);

$mailbody = "Values submitted from web site form:\n";

while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {

$mailbody .= "$key : $val\n"; }

mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);

</SCRIPT>

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" Content="5; URL=welcome.html">

Ruth

http://www.okose.com
    Professional Web design/development and Graphic Design

Comment

Thank you for your quick response rdarko, but what is my confirmation page? never heard of this before?

Originally posted by rdarko
      Edit the script below where necessary and place this in your CONFIRMATION page

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="php">
      $email = $HTTP_POST_VARS[email];

$mailto = "ruth@rudesign.co.uk";

$mailsubj = "Form submission";

$mailhead = "From: $email\n";

reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);

$mailbody = "Values submitted from web site form:\n";

while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {

$mailbody .= "$key : $val\n"; }

mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);

</SCRIPT>

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" Content="5; URL=welcome.html">

Comment

put this in HTML behind your form

create a confirmation page and go to page html and put the code I sent previously in it.

But before you do that put this at the top the html of your form:

<FORM NAME=Booking METHOD=POST ACTION="confirm.php">

If your form name is other than "Booking" then change it in the code above to the name of your form.

hope this helps
        Ruth

Comment

Hi again rdarko,
          i must be sooo stupid. Is the confirmation page - the blue voda page i created - "register now" page?
          If i just open my register now page - double click on the form and change the properties as advised, then do i view in browser and double click on the whole page to get to view source - and input the php script in here?

create a confirmation page and go to page html and put the code I sent previously in it.

But before you do that put this at the top the html of your form:

<FORM NAME=Booking METHOD=POST ACTION="confirm.php">

If your form name is other than "Booking" then change it in the code above to the name of your form.

hope this helps

Comment

When customers click on the [submit] (or whatever you've named it) afterwards there often is a page that assures the customer that their form is being processed etc... this is a completely different page to that of the form they fill in.

e.g.

Your request is being processed...

When youre creating this page you should right click your mouse and go to "Page HTML" section rather than "Page Properties" and put the coding for the CONFIRMATION page there.

Then on the page the customers will fill in, right click your form section and go to "Form HTML" and put the coding for the form I sent you there and edit where necessary.

This should fix the prob. If not visit mine and see where you're going wrong...you can test my submit button for an example of the confirmation page I'm referring to.

http://www.rudesign.co.uk/booking.html
            Ruth

Comment

Rdarko, you are fantastic!!
              I am now entering about 6 hours on this today! thank god it was my day off!!
              i will definately try this but have to give up now to get children off to bed. Thanks again, i will try this asap.

When customers click on the [submit] (or whatever you've named it) afterwards there often is a page that assures the customer that their form is being processed etc... this is a completely different page to that of the form they fill in.

e.g.

Your request is being processed...

When youre creating this page you should right click your mouse and go to "Page HTML" section rather than "Page Properties" and put the coding for the CONFIRMATION page there.

Then on the page the customers will fill in, right click your form section and go to "Form HTML" and put the coding for the form I sent you there and edit where necessary.

This should fix the prob. If not visit mine and see where you're going wrong...you can test my submit button for an example of the confirmation page I'm referring to.

http://www.rudesign.co.uk/booking.html

Comment

OMG!!! 12 hours later and still cant get this???

can anyone else offer any ideas???

anyone is welcome to look at my pages (although please dont take too much notice of content as only just developing these pages for a friend) i have just tacked it onto my website FTpprogram.

www.myhomesweethome.com.au/registerapi.htm
                &
                www.myhomesweethome.com.au/confirm.htm
                They just WILL NOT link up????????

Comment

Working...
                X