Location of Database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Location of Database

I am trying to install the Form Maker and one of the questions I have to fill in is the Full Path of the MySQL database. How can I find out where this location is?

The installation guide for Form Maker is fantastic except for this little point where it does not clarify how I can find out where the Full Path of my MySQL is.

Please help.
    Judy Khoo
    Work at home? Try http://www.increasemyearnings.com

Relax and have fun at http://www.vikingbar.net

Re: Location of Database

Thanks a lot.
    Judy Khoo
    Work at home? Try http://www.increasemyearnings.com

Relax and have fun at http://www.vikingbar.net

Comment

I have the same question. I tried localhost and could not connect.

Error message: Could not connect to MySQL server
      No matter how fast you are going, there is always someone trying to pass.

Comment

Never mind. I got it. The mysql database name has to include main vodahost username. I was trying it with only the name I gave it when I created it.
        No matter how fast you are going, there is always someone trying to pass.

Comment

Hi,
          I have a similiar problem and am getting the message:

Could not connect to the database

Open Messages
          [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

I have shown the location as "localhost", and have included my control panel username as a prefix to both the database name and the database user name. I am also asked to include the database address as either a URL or an IP address and here I have simply used the Vodahost server IP address where my site is hosted - is that correct please?

FYI, this database is for a different shopping cart which I had to buy so that my members can upload their own products without me having to grant free access to my control panel.

Many thanks for any help you can give.
          Luckyman

Comment

The database IP is only required for remote access, which is not allowed on VH servers. The script must run on your site in order to allow connection to the database. Which cart are you using, and is it running on your site ?
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Navaldesign. Sorry to be a novice but I'm not sure what you mean by remote access and that the script must run on my site. The cart is VP-ASP Deluxe Pac and they have just said that I need to ask my hosting company to enable ASP for my site. Does that make sense?
              Luckyman

Comment

if you mean ASP pages, they CANNOT run on VH servers. ASP pages require windows servers, whilst VH is using Redhat Linux.
                Navaldesign
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I think you are saying that I need to change hosting company before I can use my cart and then start building my site from scratch again. I guess that is the price I pay for being a novice and not understanding what ASP and that it is not compatible with VodaHost servers.

Still this is really frustrating after spending so much time, effort and money on getting to where I am. Especially as Vodahost generally have a great community, support and website builder. Now I just have to work out where I go from here.

Thanks for your help Navaldesign.

Luckyman

Comment

As you can see from the following:

Will VP-ASP run on my hosting company

VP-ASP is written in Active Server Pages (ASP). This is Microsoft's programming language for the web.
                    It will run on Windows Hosting companies.
                    VP-ASP will NOT run on any Unix hosting system.
                    taken from http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/Info/faq_hosting.htm

they do declare this on their pages (though it took me more than 3 minutes to find it). An experienced user would have understood this from the product name, but a novice on the net who doesn't knoe details, no.

If you haven't yet purchase the package, there is a very simple solution: change cart. Use one that is writen in php, absolutely compattible with VH. There are some great FREE cart scripts around. Please also note that windows servers are (for the time being) a minority of the internet world. MOST large companies use Unix or Linux (an OS based on Unix) servers. In the forum there are many members that have shopping carts, and will be able to direct you to the correct solution. Just post a thread asking for advice.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

I have indeed already bought the cart but I think I would need to go with it anyway as the ability for suppliers to load their own products is key for my site. I did try posting my query here (see below) and received some great support from Vasili but it all became too complicated for me.

Thanks anyway.
                      Luckyman

Comment

Working...
                      X