Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Load pacific page into an iframe when entering a page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Load pacific page into an iframe when entering a page?

Hi, when entering 1 of my pages with a iframe, can I tell the browser to load a pacific page into the iframe of my choice rather than the default one that opens up on the 1st visit. This page with the iframe will have many subjects that will open within the frame via an index on the parant page . What would be nice is for a visitor to click on a link from another page & arrive at the page with the subject already loaded in the frame to save going through the index. IE.
    (Link to this main page. But with this article in the iframe) Not the default one.

Hope you can help.

Chris.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Re: Load pacific page into an iframe when entering a page?

Chris,

I wanna create exactly the same thing too. But all I get is the usual runaround-&-search for yourself. I ended up making the page with multiple bookmarks. A bit long on the loadup time, but what else can I do? Make the link show in a popup window?
    Big-D

"Some lawyers are like slinkies. They can bring a smile to your face when you get to push them down a flight of stairs."

Comment

You can't do it directly in BV, at least not in a simple way. You see, this requires passing over variables from one page to the other. The only way you can do this in html is by means of a form, which means that your links from the original page should be practically "Submit" buttons, with value equal to the link to be opened in the iframe. If you do follow this method, then the page with the iframe should have a piece of php code at the very beggining, that would "grab" the value submitted by previous page, and "echo" this value as the initial iframe link. This way the i frame would open directly the page submitted by the submit button. Of course you need to publish the iframe page as php.

Maybe there is some other way using javascript but i don't know it.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Load specific page into an iframe when entering a page?

To see an example of what you want, please click on:

http://www.navaldesign.info/Tips/var...startpage.html
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Many, many thanks Navel. This will be put to good use. Once I get my head around it.
          There are so many posts on the .NET that says it can’t be done. Nice to know they where wrong

Thanks again,

Chris.
          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Nav D, the image on your sample page just below the i-Frame isn't loading properly. Only half of it shows. The bottom half is blank, so I really can't see what you are trying to show.
            Big-D

"Some lawyers are like slinkies. They can bring a smile to your face when you get to push them down a flight of stairs."

Comment

Originally posted by Big-D
              Nav D, the image on your sample page just below the i-Frame isn't loading properly. Only half of it shows. The bottom half is blank, so I really can't see what you are trying to show.
              It may be your browser, i get this as the last line on that page.

Ok. You are done. Save your page and publish it.

Chris.
              Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

No, it happens with IE & FireFox. Latest versions. It's the image below the i-Frame just above the "read more" button. The rest of the page loads fine. I'm talking about that image. 1/2 image.
                Big-D

Comment

Or perhaps you could treat it like that of loading pictures from one I-Frame to another. Remember the tutorial that had one large I-Frame and then a smaller one underneath? When you clicked on a thumbnail in the smaller I-Frame, the larger one would appear in the larger I-Frame.

That might? Just make the Smaller I-Frame with no border /scroll bar and the page with the links the same back-ground color as the main page.

Does that make sense?

Andy
                  PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by Big-D
                    Sorry, the page is loading quite well for me, and seems to be loading ok for others too. Can't suggest anything. and there are four images unser the i frame. Anyway, i can post the instructions here if the problem persists for you.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info
                      It may be your browser, i get this as the last line on that page.

Ok. You are done. Save your page and publish it.

Chris.
                      Chris, that's the first page, Big-D is talking about the second page. However, in the second page there are the instructions on how to build it.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

HELP! Naval can you help please. I thought I got it right but can’t get rid of the text link at the top of the target page.
                        There are 2 links on this page. http://www.collectors-info.com/if2.html but when pressed they work OK, but you can see what happens.

The target page is this one http://www.collectors-info.com/if.php & this loads fine.

Thanks.
                        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris

what you see is part of the code used to create the "clocks and *******" button on the first page. Probably you have placed Amazon's code in the page, then when you created the second page, you deleted this code, but not all. Check it, i'm sure there is something in there. If you still can't find it, please email me the .bvp files so i can have a look.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Hi Naval, SORRY, you have mail. Couldn’t find anything on the page. Strange!
                            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Chris, you have mail.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X