Pinata Palace finally moved to Voda!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinata Palace finally moved to Voda!

I finally got Pinata Palace moved from my previous webhost to Voda. I'm in the process of adding a search feature which will be under the view cart. I know that I elected to make the site wider than 800 - I'm using right around 1000 - tested it with A Child's Palace and it's doing good - so going with it here unless it seems to hurt sales.

I got 2 sales the first day I moved it over, so am excited that even with all the internal pages needed to be re-indexed by the se's - they kept my home page and are still sending me traffic.

Please tell me what you think and what you like/don't like about it.

Thanks so much.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Re: Pinata Palace finally moved to Voda!

Hi Beth,

Another great website, well organised as usual, nicely laid out, easy to read and navigate, as youve already mentioned the dreaded scroll ...I wont ;o)

Lovely job Beth..well done
    Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
    http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Thank you Lincslady!

BTW, I didn think through my designs on these stores - using the wider screen - I've made the pages where all the products, etc will show up at 800 wide - so people could never scroll and shop the entire sites. I put specials, etc down the right - and the search feature. I like that it looks better for the majority with the wider screens.
      Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

It looks wonderful Beth, a fun site. A great place for parents to set with their children and pick. Good job.
        Sharon Chajin

Comment

mmmm i think its so good but i also know its good to have some comments lol well i hope so
          the text seems small to me and a bit fuzzy? mmm mite just be me and the birthday parties games text at the bottom front is a bit bright to tread for me
          and lol the header is of centre to the white sqare underneath mm i know its prob centerd to the page but just seems of to me
          a couple of pics wht links underneath dont have a link
          look its realy cool and you have had sales so it is doin its job well done]god i hate givin negatives
          The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
          Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Hi Beth

Nice site. Job well done. The text on the links is a bit hard to read, however it gives the site a nice character, which goes well with the rest of the site.

Just so you know. I did a quick search on MSN on fun pinatas and the site came up http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q...atas&Form=MSNH

However the links were not working. this is how it showed the links http://www.pinatapalace.com/site/918844/page/442973

You might wanna check that out, unless I'm looking at somebody else's website.

Good luck with the site.

Mike
            http://www.atexflooring.ca
            http://www.newfloor.ca

Comment

Beth: I think it looks great. The fonts are fine on my screen, but I have a high res screen, maybe the way I have the contrast set, anyway, looks crisp and clear to me. "Birthday partys add to the fun" down at the bottom the link is pink on blue, which is tough to read. All links I tried worked and the fact you already got sales, says it all. Greaat Job!
              Cindy Smentowski

Comment

I really like the pinatas they look as good as anything available here in Mexico. Most of the pinatas in Mexico at least the good ones are made of barro to this day,less easy to break and you get more for your money. The pinatas that you advertise are very nice indeed and at a good price. I wish you success with them. On your site I noticed the link of add a pinata to your BD party directed me to a Technews.com. All other seemed to be fine.
                But all and all it is a fun site to look at.

choco777
                Choco777
                www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Thank you everyone

Funny how fast things change - I checked that news article 2 weeks ago - check it at least once a month - looks like TCN News is no longer - so I'll have to delete that - so glad that was caught!

As to the search - what came up was an interior page before I switched to VodaHost - and those were all named strangely - hopefully the search engines will quickly replace those pages with my new interior pages - only the home page name remained the same. (I'm about 50% down in traffic - which isn't as bad as I thought it would be!)

Choco - my pinatas are handmade in Mexico - but unfortunately, we have to have them made to strict size specifications in order to ship them without paying twice as much to ship and for the pinata!

The name at the top is in the center of the page - the white box is not - I struggled with that LOL - will rethink it some more, maybe do some playing with it.

All Star - do you remember which pics didn't link? I can't find them! And don't feel bad about giving negatives - you aren't - you're giving feedback.

Thanks all - I love hearing everything - keep it coming!
                  Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Bethers - great professional looking site as I would expect from you. Just one criticism - my eyes are not what they were, but I do have difficulty seeing the mauve hyperlinks on the blue background. I really have to squint to read them.

Everything else is looking really good though.

Cheers
                    Trish
                    www.Limebrook.com
                    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
                    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
                    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
                    www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

If I might ask, where are you, do you keep an inventory or have them drop shipped. Because there are places where I once lived and have many contact in the Mexican businesses, including pinata makers from mexico. There is no difference in the pinatas, alot of Northamericans (i hate that,they don't know but except for south amer. were are all northamericans,anyway yeah I know i get side tracked), make them and
                      the shipping is almost nil compared to shipping from mexico. If they are made in San Antonio,TX , believe me they are hand made by Mexicans and are authentic and have more styles with up to the moment motifs. Sorry if that is nosey, just trying to help.

Choco777
                      Choco777
                      www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Hey, Beth!
                        Finally, huh? I know exactly what you have been going through....geez!

Only 2 things I saw for your consideration....
                        1. To minimize the "feathering" of your BV shapes (the page panel, the elipse, etc.) I would suggest trying adding a 1pt border in the same color. It seems that when sizes of shapes are larger, the definition of edges gets "mechanical" and loses some resolution without the re-emphasis of borders.
                        2. And your script font used for the links might look better if the next size larger, not bold.

Other than that, another excellent creation!
                        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

TY Vasili - I'll deifnitely be giving those suggestions a try (I wondered about how to get rid of the feathering on the ellipse!) But - those will be on another day - I can't wait till I have high speed and access from my rv again - this bench is getting harder and harder :)

Choco, I travel all the time. My pinatas are dropshipped, kind of - the people who do it are friends and they are in El Paso - and deal directly with who makes the pinatas. We are always looking for other people tho - so if you have any contacts - would love to get them.

So, the inventory is in a warehouse in El Paso. Are you saying that they could be shipped directly to the customer from Mexico for cheaper? If I had people I could trust, I'd consider doing that. And don't get that wrong - I would say that no matter where - you have no clue what I go through to add a new supplier or drop shipper to my stores :) - I'm picky!

Trish - I've thought about those colors a lot - will rethink them again - can you look here: http://www.pinatapalace.com/talkingpinata.html and let me know if you can read this page all right? Anyone else is free to comment also!
                          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                          SEO - The Basics

Comment

The only way you could save shippingfrom mexico direct is in bulk and I don't think you want to carry much inventory. Is this place in El Paso the one right on the border with Ciudad Juarez and is know for their Indian blankets and Mexican curios? Very nice place...HUGH. I was speaking of San Antonio. You could even keep minimum inventory and sell off non sellers locally, it is a big businss there. If it were profitable to ship from here ,(Comalcalco , Tabasco MX.) dropshipping, I possibly could help,buy putting you in touch with the right person(s). I have a few political friends in positions that control the sale of these artisanian articles,hammocks etc. Let me work on it. NO promises it is difficult here. I will check the alternative, SAFE and RELIABLE companies here and let you know.
                            Choco777
                            www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Very nice site Beth, beats having to make them at home. I will add to favorites.
                              Bill
                              www.blueearthtea.com
                              www.ftaaconsulting.com
                              www.iaval.com
                              www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Working...
                              X