Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• excel sheets in web pages

Hello especially to more experienced website-builders,
    Have I found a bug in BlueVoda, or am I making a mistake over and over again? This is what I want: I want to make a series of pages that have an existing Excel-sheet as content, using a BlueVoda page template. I open the template page,
    I click INSERT - ADVANCED - EMBEDDED OLE-OBJECT - MICROSOFT EXCEL SHEET - I select USE EXISTING SHEET, I get BROWSE, I select the sheet, click OK, and twice I have succeeded in bringing up the page on my BlueVoda screen. 3019 times (or a few more), it did not come up.

I have tried to embed the excel sheet into a Word document (that is easy), and then load the Word document in Voda.. but I lose the lay-out and the rows are still there but the columns are gone and it's a mess.

This is frustrating. What do I do now?

Re: excel sheets in web pages

ARRRGGHHH!
    I couldn't resolve this satisfactorily myself, but here goes:

1. Take a look at the Excel page set up: too many columns? too wide?
    > try selecting/highlighting only the "area" you wish to embed....
    2. This might mean converting it to .csv (comma separated..) to get it into a Word-usable format
    3. If this is not the route (it wouldn't work for me, as I had huge number of columns and formula-laden cells), try setting up a Table in BV, and loading the "cells" via import....

Beyond, that, I have no real suggestions...and must also rely on our resident Expert/Generals to bail me out....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

thx Vasili, but the size of the excel page is not the problem. I highlight the 7/8 columns and 30 - something rows, and that is all I want to appear o the BV page. But it does not work. I have also tried to save the sheets as unicode text, which also does not work.

Any suggestions? Anybody out there?

This is definitely the dealbreaker for me - am I or am I not going to go with BV. Maybe that is an incentive for someone to solve this.
      Thx, Bert.

Comment

This is a techie question for one of our illustrious Generals.....
        General Naval???
        General Race???

Colonel "Couldn't Solve It" Has Another One For Your Attention!!!!

LOL

Comment

<< If we can't help you in the Forum, you can always submit a Support Ticket for the authoritive answer! >>

Comment

It probably is the size of the file. This was the response ***** gave a member with a similar question back in March:

"The OLE feature is designed to put an excel snippet on your web page
            not an entire page or workbook..html pages are not designed that way.
            If this is what you want. I suggest you use the table feature and manually
            input the data into formated tables."

Another member added the following, maybe it will work for you as well:

"This worked for me, In excel go to "save as", next to "save as type" select webpage and save your worksheet as a webpage. You can then upload this file in your public_html and point your link to that location. IMPORTANT: Excel saves the file as .htm not .html so when you upload you have to select it in your public_html file and rename it to a .html"
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
            X