Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with linking pages together

Hello,

My domain name is www.terrilynnspencer.com I am having a terrible time when I go to my fixed menu buttons on my home page and click on any of them, they don't work. None of the pages other than the home page/index page comes up on the Internet. I did publish all of the pages on my web site. I don't know what I'm doing wrong!

Please help and thanks in advance.

Terri

Re: Need help with linking pages together

Looks like a page naming issue to me. Check your page names very carefully against what you're putting for the links.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Hello,

Well do I need to rename the pages on my menu buttons? Do I need to rename them on each page? If I need to rename them on each page as well, then you would need to post step by step how to rename pages once they have already been named on the individual pages.

Also, shouldn't there be a button called "home" on all of the other pages as well as the home/index page?

Thanks for your help!

Sorry for the questions! I'm computer challanged! LOL

Comment

By the way, I did rename the pages and rename the buttons on the menu or navagiation bar; however, I still can't get access to the other pages other than my home or index page on the Internet. All the pages were published.

Please HELP!

Thanks

Terri

Comment

Hello,

Now I got some of my pages to work (pages 2,4 and 5) but not 1 or 3. Also I did put navigation buttons on all the pages to link them to my home or index page, but these buttons dont work either..... so I still need help getting my Stories 1 and Stories 3 page working from the home page.... and from all my pages, I need my Home button navigation to work on my other pages to link back to the index page.

I'm so sorry I'm so computer challanged! I feel like a real "dumb dumb"!

I feel like I'm going to PULL MY HAIR OUT! GRRRRR!!!!!

Please anyone.... HELP!

My page site is; www.terrilynnspencer.com

Thanks...

Terri

Comment

The difference with stories 1 and 3 is that they start with a small s, not a capital S. Check your link in your navigation bar to make sure that you have not linked to Stories1, rather than stories1.

A tip I use is to ALWAYS use lower case for everything, as I have been caught out with this too!

Cheers
            Trish
            www.Limebrook.com
            www.MountainWalk.co.uk
            www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
            www.TucsonForBeginners.com
            www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Hello Trish,

Thank you so much for your help! I did correct it once you told me the problem! I didn't realize that was the issue! When I made the changes, it worked!

Now the only problem I'm having is I did put a "home" navigation button on the other pages to try and link it back to the home/index page...but those don't work either. What might be wrong there?

By the way, do you have any of the IM messangers like AOL, Yahoo, ect?

If so, would it be ok to add you to any of my IM contact lists?

Thanks so much for your help!

Now if you or someone can help me get the navigation "home" buttons on the stories 1,2,3,4 and 5 to link it back to the home or index page, it would be totally done!

Terri

Comment

The link in your "home" button should be just your domain name with no extensions: http://yourdomain.com .
                My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Hello....

I just wanted to let you all know that I finally figured it out as far as linking the home button link on the other pages back to the home or index page.

Also, thanks to Trish, I was able with her help to correct the problem on why my stories 1 link and stories link 3 buttons on the navigation bar wouldn't work!

Thanks for all of your help!

Now everything works and my site is completely up and running!

Thank goodness because I need to do another site this time regarding hydrocephalus and stories I have from patients with this condition. I also have hydrocephalus myself.

Thanks for all of your help! Now I hope I don't make mistakes on the next site I do!

Terri

Comment

Originally posted by TLS
                    Hello....

I just wanted to let you all know that I finally figured it out as far as linking the home button link on the other pages back to the home or index page.

Also, thanks to Trish, I was able with her help to correct the problem on why my stories 1 link and stories link 3 buttons on the navigation bar wouldn't work!

Thanks for all of your help!

Now everything works and my site is completely up and running!

Thank goodness because I need to do another site this time regarding hydrocephalus and stories I have from patients with this condition. I also have hydrocephalus myself.

Thanks for all of your help! Now I hope I don't make mistakes on the next site I do!

Terri
                    It's a known fact that everyone on the planet except me makes mistakes. LOL The trick is learning from those mistakes.
                    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Hi! My first time here, same issue with my fixed menu bars...my home page midhurstonline.com in properties is as follows http://www.midhurstonline.com.html I need to link to a internal page but when look online I get 404 error page not found! What am I not doing? I have created a page http://www.midhurstonline.com/forsale_1.hmtl which I want to link from my main menu, do I have to publish each page for it to work, any help would be a relief, I have been pulling my hair out so much now that I am bald...many thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X