Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding files online

i can't seem to find an answer to this question:

i'm a photographer, and plan to add images to my site on a regular basis.

I'm not clear how to do this once the site is already created and published;

i understand how to upload a new folder, but is there a way to just add a link to the current index page, or do i have to publish the index page all over again from the bluevoda software ?

Adding Pics & Files

Hi Ken,

You have several option here depending on how you want to go about it.
    You can ftp an entire directory to our server and then just link to it from your index page or any other page you want to link from.

If you want to you can create a seperate page for each of your photos and link each new page to your index page or site map.The choice is purely yours. I can provide you with some good free ftp software for your photos if you need it.

Also please visit the url below. its called Pix Resizer. its exactly what you need to optimize your photos for the web (free). You can batch optimize and web color balance all your photos at once.

If you need more help. I will be glad to call you and walk you through everything after you join.

I look forward to having you as a customer.

***** :D

Comment

Thank you for that quick response.

....however my concern is HOW to add a link to an existing page once it is already published. None of the guides here show this specifically- only how to create a link in the web builder.

Basically, my question is more of how to edit the index page by adding a link to it. I have no knowledge of html so the editor is not useful to me.

I hope this is very simple becuase this is the only concern i have.

Pardon my ignorance, but i'd like to at least know how to do this before i mecome a member. After i learn this , i will be more than happy to sign up

Comment

Publishing

Ok...lets take it one step at a time.

Lets say you created a page and published...ok

Now thier are two copies of that page. One on your local computer in your house, office or studio and one on our servers ( The one you published). If you want to edit to that particular page add or subtract a picture, article, story etc...,

1)first you make the change to the page on your local machine.
        2)You republish that particular page.

When you republish a page it is automatically overiden by the new page. The old page does not exist any more.

Same as a word document. every time you hit the save button all the changes you made take effect and what was previously on that page is deleted.

The only diffrence is you are saving it to our servers.

Dont worry BlueVoda does not use HTML . It is purely drag &drop

Open a support ticket with your telephone and I will call you to verbally explain...It will take 30 seconds.

***** :D

Comment

again, thank you for responding.

I have to hand it to you. I DO like the quick responses to my questions.

You pretty much answered my question. I'll just remember to keep a good backup of my site on a disk.

I'll be joining in a day or two.

Comment

Yeah...I would have to agree that ***** is pretty fast on the response time

Stan

Comment

ameusantos

ameuantos

Comment

Re: adding files online

hi all

Comment

Working...
                X