Page rankings varying on url input?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page rankings varying on url input?

Ok guys, when I type in one of my websites to check my Google ranking and I start it http://www. I get a ranking of 4

However when I type in http:// without the www and just put my website address I get a ZERO ranking.

Any ideas?
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Re: Page rankings varying on url input?

Thats why they call it page rank and not website rank. Google rank each page individually.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

but isn't http://www.... not the same page as http://.... as long as it points to my index page? Can I do anything about it? Any recommendations?
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

why? who is going to type it in without the www. ? dont worry to much about rankings they will come to you eventualy and i must point out its not the name of your site you want to find is it? its the word associations with that site i.e if i type in autographs i want google to bring me up first dont i but that will take a long time as there are millions of sites pushing to do the same thing
        so dont worry to much about being found just read the posts regarding meta tags etc on this forum and keep plugging a way , good luck
        The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
        Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

It's ok I know all about SEO, I just wondered about why the difference if the www changed the ranking system that's all. I don't go much on this ranking system anyway to be honest as there isn't one of my sites not on page 1 of the search engines, and some of them have a zero ranking??? So I think that proves the ranking system to be a bit of a farce.

I have a website on page 1 of Google that appears when you type in the term "wedding directory", there are 0ver 9,000,000 results, yet I appear on Page 1 and that site has a zero ranking???

Comment

Actually, you only want to market one way or the other - and I recommend you do so WITH the www. as that's how most people will find you. And they ARE two different pages to the se's - as they have different urls. Ranking is not the only thing that determines if a website will appear in results - and, in my opinion - unless you are banned - ranking isn't worth paying attention to - where you appear in the results - yep, pay attention to that.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
              Actually, you only want to market one way or the other - and I recommend you do so WITH the www. as that's how most people will find you. And they ARE two different pages to the se's - as they have different urls. Ranking is not the only thing that determines if a website will appear in results - and, in my opinion - unless you are banned - ranking isn't worth paying attention to - where you appear in the results - yep, pay attention to that.
              Thank you Colonel Bethers - Some good words there. Trouble is I pushed it out now without the www!!! Oh well... here we go again.....

Comment

Working...
              X