help publishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help publishing

Hello, I just published my website (drjustinjones.com) and am having problems. All that comes up is an index page. I saved all pages into the public_html folder as instructed on the tutorial. My home page is called home. I had already saved it as such and have multiple links to it. Wouldn't I need to change all those links if I change the name? Please help! I had an ad run today directing people to my site. Sorry if I didn't include enough info.

Re: help publishing

See my answer to you on the other forum - you should avoid opening mutiple threads with the same query. Someone will answer you quite quickly.
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

thankyou for the quick reply. sorry for multiple threads, I didn't know. I changed the home to index and it's coming up now. I can link to all my pages from the home page. However, when I then go to one of those pages and try to link to another, it doesn't work. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. ... awesome forum BTW!

Comment

Be absolutely sure what you have named your pages, and make sure that name is copied into the link with .html at the end.

I had trouble when I first started with capital and small letters, and also I had a page with two .. rather than one! If you have copied the name into your link right it should work.

Don't worry - you'll get there!
        Trish
        www.Limebrook.com
        www.MountainWalk.co.uk
        www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
        www.TucsonForBeginners.com
        www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

thanks for your help trish, I'll keep trying.

Justin

Comment

up and running well now, thanks. I do have one question though. My website is listed as an untitled page. How do I change this?

Comment

Hey Justin!

What you have done is you probably wanted to preview your site and it told you that you had to save it first and you just saved it without naming it first, hehe!

Just open that page and click File > Save Page As

Hope that helps!
              Best regards,
              Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

No, this is saving the page. To "name" it, go in Page Properties, (View, Page properties - or Right click somewhere in a blank space of your page) and fill in the title of the page.
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

.. ah ha! That's what he's talking about! Thank you George!
                  Best regards,
                  Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Working...
                  X