Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking to a file

Hi! This is motoxxx's wife-the brains behind the brawn

I have no trouble hyperlinking most things, and have read all the threads I can find about it, but I am still having trouble....

I need to link some text to a file (it is a document) in my ftp folder so that it will open and viewers can download it. I may have the path wrong? The file is in my ftp, in a folder labeled "Forms". (I know I should use lower-case, but for some reason it was working before [on the old page that was up]).

In the hyperlink box, I have the path named:

For some reason I cannot get this to work - even tried capital "F" in "forms". Also, I notice that when I go back into the hyperlink dialogue box, sometimes the new info I enter is not there and instead contains a previous file path.???

I'm sure I'm overlooking something really simple! Please help!

Jayme
    Affordable Medical Insurance
    Discount Dental Plan
    Washington State Health Insurance
    Temporary Health Insurance
    Homeowner Insurance Quote

Re: Linking to a file

We can't help if you don't provide the real URL so we can check it.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: Linking to a file

Ok my brain is fading! Sorry about that!

I went back and checked what I was doing and found out that I had a different folder (with the same name but the first letter of the name of the folder was capitalized! Bad web page author, bad) with the files I wanted to link with in my public_html folder. It was a path issue after all!

But it was great advice to use pdf's for document types, except for the Word doc forms I use that are to be filled out online, then emailed. Any advice for that?
      Affordable Medical Insurance
      Discount Dental Plan
      Washington State Health Insurance
      Temporary Health Insurance
      Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Working...
      X