Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Your Site Indexed Before You Launch

This looked interesting...............

I've noticed that most SEO articles focus on what to do after you launch your site.
    Those that do deal with preparing your site for launch usually discuss on-site SEO like keyword research and meta tags.
    What tends to be neglected is the advantage that you can gain by getting your site indexed before you launch.
    With a little planning and a few hours of work it's easy to be indexed by Google, Yahoo, and MSN before your site goes live.
    The key to getting your site indexed in the big three is getting links pointing to it from sites that are already indexed.
    When the search bots crawl those sites they will inevitably find the link to your site and your site will be added to their index.
    Follow these five steps a month before you launch and you'll be a step ahead of the game.
    1. Register your domain name.
    You'd be surprised how many people wait until the last minute to do this. The sooner you register your domain, the sooner you can get some quality links pointing to it and get it indexed.
    2. Put up a home page.
    Make a "coming soon" page with your logo, information about your site, and expected launch date.
    You can also add a form for people to sign up for email updates about your site. This starts building your email marketing list before you even launch.
    3. Start a blog and sign up for Feedburner.
    Put up a blog at www.yoursite.com/blog. It doesn't matter if you use WordPress, Blogger, or whatever blog platform you prefer, just make sure you host it on your site.
    Make a few posts about your site, what people can expect when it launches, and why your site will be unique.
    After your first post, sign up for a Feedburner account. Under 'Publicize' in your account make sure to sign up for 'Ping Shot'.
    This will notify blogging directories of your posts which hopefully will result in a few links to your site.
    4. Write a few articles and submit to directories.
    Regardless of what your site is about, there is certainly a topic relating to your site that you could write an article about.
    For example, if your site is going to sell fitness equipment, you could write an article about how to build a home-gym. Or if you are going to rate and review new cars, you could write an article about how to shop for a new car. After you've written and proofread your articles, submit them to article directories like Ezine Articles and iSnare.
    Be sure to include a description of your new site and a link back to it in the resource box. Again, this should result in a few links to your site.
    5. Get a link from an indexed site.
    Steps 3 and 4 should result in some links from indexed sites which should then ensure your site to be indexed.
    But it can't hurt to get a few more on your own to be certain.
    When I launched my last site, I linked to it from my personal blog, which I knew was indexed.
    If you don't have that option, you can ask someone with a blog or site related to yours to mention it.
    If you can't find anyone willing to do it for free, you could offer them some free advertising on your site when you launch in exchange for the link.

Getting yourself indexed before you launch gives you a head start on your SEO and will allow your site to have a more immediate impact.
    Why wait until you launch? Get started a month early and you'll reap the benefits when launch day rolls around.
    About the Author: Adam McFarland owns iPrioritize - to-do lists that can be edited at any time from any place in the world. Email, print, check from your mobile phone, subscribe via RSS, and share with others.
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Re: Getting Your Site Indexed Before You Launch

I disagree with the "coming soon" - get some real info on the page immediately - cuz being indexed without keywords - doesn't really help - but getting indexed with - is a help from day one.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

I tend to agree with you on that point beth.....
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Comment

Good info David...at least I'm on the right track and this helps me get ready for my new travel site.

And Beth ...thanks for the advice ...as usual u make a good point, and I will make sure I have something on it before putting it up.

THanks for sharing David.
        Beezz
        sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

I may sound more dumb than disturbed over this issue over and over again. I transfered my domain buckeyewebpages.com from Godaddy to Vodahost . Everything has gone well so far with web designing and publishing except one thing. I cannot get the http://buckeyewebpages.com to show as a homepage . I have read from individuals with similar problems and followed steps upon steps to no avail. When I click on http://buckeyewebpages.com All I see is Index/of . I need a step by step help ! You may email le103433******.com or post at the forum.

Comment

Hi and welcome to the family......

Just rename your home page and call it index.bvp (small letters)
            and then re-publish the index page
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Comment

Originally posted by davidundalicia
              Hi and welcome to the family......

Just rename your home page and call it index.bvp (small letters)
              and then re-publish the index page
              >> Be careful here...don't add the extension ".bvp" (although it is natural to do so).

Simply re-title and SAVE your page as index (all lower case) and re-publish....then refresh your browser to load the newly published version, and Viola!
              You are now a successful VodaHost Webmaster!
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks Brigadier... you are wonderful !! I finally got it. I love it !!!!

Comment

how can I know if my site is indexed or not?
                  Choco777
                  www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Type your url into the google search box and see if it has found you......
                    Have fun
                    Regards..... David

Comment

The google,msn,yahoo all have had a link that led to the index page since the first week. They also have bits and snipets of many, probably 10 post to the forum also, but all have a link to the home page. Is this what you are speaking about. Sorry for the dumb qusetions don't mean to be a bother,but gotta learn.
                      Choco777
                      www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Yes, George...
                        Google "saves" (or caches) your pages on a regular basis. You can see when you site was last cached by the spiders if you click on the underlined "cached pages" which will then present which pages were picked up, and the date they were last saved.....this is the approximate date/cycle the spiders & bots visit your site each month (sometimes initially, only every 2 months).

You may not have more than your Home page saved for some time, as you have done major revisions and added/retitled some, which proves confusing to the SE's. Until you have your site "set" it will not offer the stability it prefers, and will ignore remaining pages (most likely as a default against what they see as potential "counterfeit" pages) until internal page-to-page links are satisfied for 2 "cycles".....then it will re-visit looking for "dynamics": textual/image updates, external/reciprocol links (verifiable - that's why some even yet naievely shout support for blogs), page editions, etc. Minor textual changes will not register as authentic change "dynamics" and will not force SE's to trudge to the last page to compare.

You can, however, force the SE's to perform a fuller, more complete review each session if you have a Site Map or directory registry file installed, as this will "force" the SE's to verify the information presented each time. Their main job is to verify first, sift & register relevancy, index and compare/rank that relevancy, and then to establish a continuity placement of your site within "comparable" (category) sites and "uniqueness" of content (singularity of searchable variants).

The more your site "complies" with the standard formatting of construct and demonstrates "unique dynamics," the greater your chances for 'hard-rank' elevation. You simply cannot tweak and twist elements to unfairly fake it. The obvious unbalance of the elements is a red flag for the SE's to actually ignore the site except for the most minimal of information!

It is a true logistical process that should be cognizantly applied from the very beginning of designing a website, maintained throughout the developed "idea" of the site, and carefully groomed according to required refinements after it is published.

>> That is why I wholeheartedly recommend everyone sign up with the extremely affordable VodaHits SEO program after they publish, for VH actually depends on your participation and involvement....and in doing so, you begin to see the different aspects more clearly and with a greater sense of overall understanding. Eventually, (after the first year) each should become more personally capable of implementing "higher target" SEO programs, and yet keep VodaHits active to serve as the more automated functionary.

Does this all make any sense to you? Can you see the line I am trying to draw in the clouds, or am I blabbing again?? Inquiring minds want to know!!! LOLOL
                        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

bumped for all the new members today.............
                          Have fun
                          Regards..... David

Comment

I think this a very important thread especialy for newbies I had joined a couple of of furums lately and all come up with a similar thread epecialy about blogs and getting your site noticed I wish I only new this a lot sooner about announcing the new site and how important signature and the riight backlinks to your site is. Very good iinfo David hopefully the newbies will read it .
                            sigpicJoe
                            Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
                            The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

very good info david i think ill do that on my next site its a really good idea....

thanks for the info......
                              sigpic
                              Live and Let live
                              www.lowbudgetsmediaadvertising.com
                              www.discoverpopotla.com
                              www.villadeflorencia.com
                              www.rusticosalvarez.com

Comment

Working...
                              X