drop down menu problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drop down menu problems

My domain is drjustinjones.com and I'm having problems with a drop down menu. When I publish the page and then drop down the menu, I get an error when I try to click on one of the links. It simply says error on page in the lower left hand corner of the browser. It doesn't switch from the page to a blank page or anything. I've watched the tutorial and searched the forum and can't seem to find the answer to my problem. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Re: drop down menu problems

You don't have it going to the pages correctly. And you have them opening in new windows - which isn't recommended for pages within your own site.

When you put them in, you need to put in the address for the link - the same as if it's not a drop down menu - http://www.yourdomainname.com/face.html (if that's the name for the face page. Right now they are being directed to files - not pages. Have you published the pages? That might be the problem itself.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

I suspect that you copied and pasted the menu bar from page to page?
      I say this as it is often done and I can get the drop down menu to work but only from the main page. That often causes untraceable problems and the result is that you must delete the menu bars that are not working - save-publish those pages and then re-do each menu bar on each page and save and publish again.

Andy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thanks for the responses so far. I have got the menu bar to work, but it does open up the page separately from within my site. How do I get it to not open up a new, separate page. Does it have anything to do with the link type or the _blank, etc. target at the bottom. Thanks again.

Comment

I think I just figured it out. Target should be _parent?

Comment

How will i do the combination of navigation bar and menu bar. I want to have the navigation bar to have a drop down menu. Please help me for this. Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
            X