SOS!! Having problem with the photo gallery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOS!! Having problem with the photo gallery

Hello everyone, I am new to VodaHost. I had been browsing the forum whole day and try to get the solution to enable the pop up for my image when visitor click at it. I followed other's suggestion using the photo gallery and but it didn't work. I receive a pop up message of Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /grillesale 0706.jpg on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

and there's no pop up window contains the enloarged picture. I had follow the instruction step by step and didn't know what I did wrong. Please help me...
    Thank you.

Re: SOS!! Having problem with the photo gallery

phuang,

To properly access your problem we would need your URL so we can take a look at the site and operation you are having difficulty with.

In the mean time- give this a look;
    http://netisopen.com/computer/PICT001/PT001.html

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hello Andy,

Thanks for you quick response. Here's my URL:
      http://www.tpbumper.com/Promo.html

It actually worked the first time when I clicked on the image, but then it failed after I closed the popup window and tried again. So, I am not quite sure what's going on..

Thanks!
      Penny :)

Comment

Post the link that you used to access the picture and make it as a pop-up.

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Andy,

I uploaded the image in public_html folder as grillesale 0706.jpg. I added the file in to photogallary from my local computer. So are you trying to tell me that I have to connect the picture directly to the picture which I load in the public_html? I don't know how to do the link, could you explain it more, or direct me to a tutorial??

Thanks!!!

Comment

OK-
            First- make sure the name of the picture is correct. It is recommended that if a file name is two words that you connect them with an underscore like so; grillesale_0706.jpg

So I would first have you correct this by renaming the jpg as shown above. Then you need to up-load it to the web server via FTP Manager.

Now the picture that you have on your page - double click on it to get image properties. In the link type in the following;
            http: //www.tpbumber.com/grillesale_0706.jpg Then save and publish the page again.

Now when you click on the picture on the page it will connect with the picture - grillesale_0706.jpg

Hope that helps

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Andy,
              I've followed the instructions that you provided to me and it did work. But what I am trying to do is to make the picutre enlarged in a pop up window because I don't want the original too be entirely replaced by the picture. Do you think there's a way to do it????

Thanks for you help, I really appreciate :)

Comment

Have you used some kind of redirection? how comes that your homepage is called "Home.html" and not "index.html" ?
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

yes, I redirect the www.tpbumper.com to www.tpbumper.com/Home.html because I want my visitors to be at the Home page when they typed in tpbumper.com and so far this is the only way I found that will do so. Does this causes any problem for me to using popup window in photo gallery?

Please advise
                  Thanks!

Comment

You don't need to. Just save your homepage as "index" on your computer, and publish it. Take the redirection off. When they type www.tpbumper.com they will be default get to this "index" page, that will be your home page. The redirection might be responsible for your image problems.
                    Navaldesign
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you for the tip, I had made the changes, and it works :) However, the pop up function still not working. I don't know what goes wrong. The first click after I published the page always worked, but after I closed the pop up page and redo it again, it showed me the error message....
                      Anybody has the same problem??? Please help me >_<

Comment

please post the following:
                        1-the url of the page that the ad is on
                        2- the EXACT way in which you are linking to it.
                        3-the EXACT name of the picture you have loaded to the server

Thanks Andy
                        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Did you remove the redirection through your control panel?
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by Andy128
                            please post the following:
                            1-the url of the page that the ad is on
                            2- the EXACT way in which you are linking to it.
                            3-the EXACT name of the picture you have loaded to the server

Thanks Andy
                            Hello Andy,

1. my fler is on http://www.tpbumper.com/Promo.html
                            2. I use the photo gallery. Add the jpg file from my local pc and select the pop window option. Save it and publish it. Then I upload the jpg file within the public_html folder in cpannel.
                            3. the name is grillesale_0706.jpg

Thanks for your help!!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                              Did you remove the redirection through your control panel?
                              Yes, I had remove the redirection from cpanel :)

Comment

Working...
                              X