No announcement yet.

Your opinion would be much appreciated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your opinion would be much appreciated!

Hi,

Thanks to VodaHost, I've managed to create my first website ... still work in progress ... but any opinion would be valuable to me. My website is http://www.soolondonhouse.com

Been to most forums and found lots of stuff too technical (hence,challenging) at the moment. Need to keep reading and hopefully be able to abstract the 'right' -the most relevant (to me)- information so that I can put things in order very soon.

Thanks again.

soo

Re: Your opinion would be much appreciated!

firstly you ned to cenralise it, then i realy like the cooulor scheme but the red is a bit too bright when the other text is so soft and nice and pleasing

as for the nav bar, cant you just have all the links on all the pes of the nav bar? it got a bit confusing to me and thats cos im a bit thick, as on one page it has 6 buttons the first being home at the top of the home page? dont need that, second on about us only 3????? as for the rest its cool and very good well done
    The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
    Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

You have made a good start but like most new websites, it needs more work.
      Below are just a few pointers.....I am sure you will get some more feedback
      later.
      Home page:
      Tea and coffee available text is being cut off
      (add an extra blank line after available)

The rectangle behind your menu bar needs to be moved down a little
      as its covering up your horizontal image.

Use this free pic-resizer to cut down the No of Kbytes for your photos:

I might just avail myself of 1 of your flats the next time I visit my home town.

have fun.............
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
      Newbies / Beginners Forum
      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Can I sell you some tea?

Nice site, clean and colors are relaxing.
        I noticed that the "Where do you live poll" opens to "where are you now" and when i tried the latter I got "can't vote again"

While yellow and red are outstanding advertising combinations, yellow text is usually hard to read and having a red background doesn't always work.

Ditto the other comments by David and AllStar.
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Soo,
          Looks good and is easy to get around. Informtion seems complete. I would drop the page a little with a bar above the photos. just to make them look less squashed?
          Also on your home page the sentence should run "Like a home away FROM home."
          If I am down your way I'll book your place.
          well done,
          Mark
          MARK6110

www.lorissecrets.co.uk
          Mobile Hair & Beauty Treatments, Costa del Sol, Spain
          www.princess-bride.co.uk
          Bridal hair and make-up service, Costa del Sol, Spain

Comment

Very nice site and to the point. Lovely apartments. I know now where to stay when next I visit. Everything lloads nicely on netscape and looks good.
            Beezz
            sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by allstarfaces
              firstly you ned to cenralise it, then i realy like the cooulor scheme but the red is a bit too bright when the other text is so soft and nice and pleasing

as for the nav bar, cant you just have all the links on all the pes of the nav bar? it got a bit confusing to me and thats cos im a bit thick, as on one page it has 6 buttons the first being home at the top of the home page? dont need that, second on about us only 3????? as for the rest its cool and very good well done
              Thanks a lot. Seems a lot better now. What do you think?^^
              '...have all the links on all the pes of the nav bar?' --> did I get it right? Not quite sure...

I selected 'Center in Browser' in Page Properties for all the pages but still not in the center - thought it is just my laptop. 'Black' background only on the side (both) is my preference but for some reason it won't work. - still see black background below the page. Would you know how I can achieve this?

Thanks again!

soo
              http://www.soolondonhouse.com

Comment

Originally posted by davidundalicia
                You have made a good start but like most new websites, it needs more work.
                Below are just a few pointers.....I am sure you will get some more feedback
                later.
                Home page:
                Tea and coffee available text is being cut off
                (add an extra blank line after available)

The rectangle behind your menu bar needs to be moved down a little
                as its covering up your horizontal image.

Use this free pic-resizer to cut down the No of Kbytes for your photos:
                http://www.vodahost.com/pix.htm

I might just avail myself of 1 of your flats the next time I visit my home town.

have fun.............
                Thanks, David.

Hmm... double-checked it. Don't see the text being cut off though _-_ Shall I wait for more feedback on this??? Do you think everyone but me can see it?

The image being covered up, I will have to have a look at it again - used pic-resizer for all the photos already _-_

Oh.. yes, do visit my home. A friendly welcome guaranteed^^

It's 3:06 am - having fun...

Thanks again!

soo

Comment

Originally posted by soolondonhouse
                  Thanks, David.

Hmm... double-checked it. Don't see the text being cut off though _-_ Shall I wait for more feedback on this??? Do you think everyone but me can see it?

The image being covered up, I will have to have a look at it again - used pic-resizer for all the photos already _-_

Oh.. yes, do visit my home. A friendly welcome guaranteed^^

It's 3:06 am - having fun...

Thanks again!

soo

Don't see the cut off text on netscape..it may be a browser thing...but agree with David on the rectangle needing to be lowered....

3.06 am....you must be a night owl....lol....you'll fit in here fine with the rest of us....
                  Beezz
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bill2006
                    Can I sell you some tea?

Nice site, clean and colors are relaxing.
                    I noticed that the "Where do you live poll" opens to "where are you now" and when i tried the latter I got "can't vote again"

While yellow and red are outstanding advertising combinations, yellow text is usually hard to read and having a red background doesn't always work.

Ditto the other comments by David and AllStar.
                    Thanks, Bill.
                    Ok, I will re-visit your website later to check the price. It would be nice.
                    Need to find out the reason for the trouble on that poll links. Phew..
                    Made a few changes re. text colours thanks to your advice.
                    Talk to you soon.
                    soo

Comment

Originally posted by mark6110
                      Soo,
                      Looks good and is easy to get around. Informtion seems complete. I would drop the page a little with a bar above the photos. just to make them look less squashed?
                      Also on your home page the sentence should run "Like a home away FROM home."
                      If I am down your way I'll book your place.
                      well done,
                      Mark
                      Hi, Mark
                      Thank you. The sentence now corrected!
                      The photos seem causing the trouble the most. Will have a look at it later.
                      Yes, make it happen. Do come along! ^^
                      soo

Comment

Originally posted by beegud2
                        Don't see the cut off text on netscape..it may be a browser thing...but agree with David on the rectangle needing to be lowered....

3.06 am....you must be a night owl....lol....you'll fit in here fine with the rest of us....

Okay...
                        'a browser thing' means it depends on individual's browser? I want everyone to see my website with same background, that is, centred. Is it not possible?
                        Fiting in won't be a problem but not getting things the way I want is daunting and frustrating _-_
                        Am going to bed now. it's 3:31 am.
                        Yes, when you come to London, remember soo ^^
                        soo

Comment

Don't worry...it's just probably a little off and need some fine tuning and everybody will soon see the same thing...

Yeah some browsers will show things differently..for example on IE...I noticed some of my links are sort of off...trying to fix that so all appears same...it's all a matter of fine tuning....but u'll get it ...we'll help you along... :)

bzz

G'night....
                          Beezz
                          sigpic

Comment

The site is very nice. It is clean and easy to get around and the colors go well with each other. I did not like the yellow hi-lites. The other thing is, if you are ever expecting American,Canadian and who know what other nationalities on business stays, the first floor is the ground floor. I believe that is right. At least it was odd sounding to me. No big deal I'm sure most americans will finally figure it out.
                            You have a great idea and a site coming along great.
                            Choco777
                            www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Originally posted by beegud2
                              Don't worry...it's just probably a little off and need some fine tuning and everybody will soon see the same thing...

Yeah some browsers will show things differently..for example on IE...I noticed some of my links are sort of off...trying to fix that so all appears same...it's all a matter of fine tuning....but u'll get it ...we'll help you along... :)

bzz

G'night....
                              thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X