Help! Site is online with other host.. need to create new with Voda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Site is online with other host.. need to create new with Voda

My site www.candlesmadefromsoy.com is already up and live with a host. I need to leave it live of course while I am creating a new site with Voda. I have already purchased my account etc.. however it SEEMS that both with Sololaunch and OS commerce that I would need to point my DNS to the new server to be able to access the control panels necessary to create the new site. Thus the site would have downtime correct?

I still have a lot to figure out.. but for now I need to know if and how I can build a new site while still leaving the domain pointed to the other host so it can continue to be viewed an take orders.

Anyone willing to help me thru this?

Thanks much!!!!
    Melissa

Re: Help! Site is online with other host.. need to create new with Voda

This is not possible, in order for a script to work ( Soho, OSC, etc..), you must have your name servers set up.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for your prompt response!

I was afraid of that.... WOuld it be possible to (i have control of domains thru godaddy) to switch the DNS back and forth to work on the new site then switch back to the old one to conduct business in the meantime?

Anyone else have this issue and wish to share how they dealt with it?

Melissa

Comment

Just go ahead and point your dns to VH and build your cart "behind the scenes".
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

thanks racefan~

by building it "behind the scenes" does it leave the site live?

I have other domain names, would an option be to build the site using a different domain name, then switching the name and dns when finished be an option?

thank you so much.. anxious to get started!

Comment

To use Soholaunch, you must have a domain name active. So your solution could be to purchase another domainname similar to yours, use it with your account, to build the site and the cart, and when you are ready, just redirect the old site from the other host to the new one in VodaHost. You cannot swith names, as Soholaunch is single licence, so whan you have created a site under a domain name, you can't change it anymore.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

My site is up and working with Soholaunch, however, the checkout part shows page not found. Can anyone help me get this fixed? It's taken me a while to get this back up and I'm afraid I am losing customers. Thanks in advance!!
              Sheila

Comment

Working...
              X