Haggar Slack
    Style 1234
    Colors Blue, Black, Med Gray, Charcoal, Tan, Stone, Dark Brown,
    Med Brown, Olive

Sizes: Reg 30, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 40, 42, 44, 46, 48, 50
    52, 54, 56 , 58, 60, 62, 66

Long 30 - 52

Short 30 - 40

I need to figure how to present this in soholaunch so that the client can order the size, color, and style that he needs all in one plalce.

My current web site does it with drop down menus.

I really lke the way soho does it, there are just not enough variations

Re: Is there a way?

CORRECT.
    Soho limits sub-categories of same line-item (each SKU) to 6, as explained in the User Manual with (wouldn't you know it?) shirt sizes and sweater colors as their example.

There are ways around this, however, and it takes a pretty good working knowledge of Soho and some creative merchandising ability also: I have decided that for my application, I would find the appropriate plug-in script that would allow me to add suffix numbering to the original SKU number...

Prior to that solution, I was ready to devise the following method to sort my inventory generically. In other words, rather than have a SKU represented by 1234567689, I broke it down to 12-3456-7-8-9 (12=Department., 3456=SKU, 7=class maybe in your case gender, 8=sub-class maybe in your case color, 9=2nd sub-class maybe in your case size). **You can always "double-up" the info in the department code: 12= "10" which could be suits, and "2" which could be manufacturer. Same goes for other combinations.....Just to get you to see more possbilities! LOL

Soho will support the second generic method quite easily, but it requires you to uniquely assign your own SKU's rather than use vendor assigned....and, it depends on the sheer number of SKU's you intend to carry..(characters allowed for item SKU length) BUT, as Soho is not limited to inventory size, this solves this issue without even having to use any formal "sub-category" fields........

For more specific assistance with Soholaunch, use this link to source directly with those who have more expertise than you can find in VodaHost Forums: http://forum.soholaunch.com/index.php?referrerid=929
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

PART 2

If you want to present these "options" as you do in your old website (as drop down menu) then you will need a dynamic menu system installed, possibly even with multiple branch menus....

You can have one written just the way you want and professionally installed in your template for a very modest cost from TemplateZapper.com

I speak from experience.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Actually theres an easy fix to do more subsizing etc, and if the module wont do it, you can easily edit the files to accomodate it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X