Newb Needs Major Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newb Needs Major Help

i made a form i preveiwed it and filled it out and sent it to my email address it work the email i got had a attachment i opened it but it could open because it did not have the right program

also when i clicked send it came up with this thing saying "not safe are you sure you want to send "bla bla bla i clicked yes then i had to type where i wanted to send the email can you give me a step by step thing to help me.

Re: Newb Needs Major Help

also can i use a website i made with another company

Comment

Please post your URL so we can take a look.

(It's a good idea to add your website address under your signature so it's always available in your posts. You can modify this via "User CP" located top left of this Forum browser pane. And, as an added benefit, it actually helps to create 'ranking instances' for search engine spiders - which are always crawling over forums - to index and reference to your website!)
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

You have used the "mailto: youremail address" option, so the form info is sent through your email client (Outlook express or other). Tha't also the reason why you had that safety message. Please note that this way of submitting the form info will not work for all your visitors, as it depends on the settings in Outlook Express of the individual visitor. Sometimes it will simply openup their OE for sending a new message, with none of the info included in the email. You should use the php script method for submitting the form info. Have a look at Andy's tutorial on how to acheive this, in http://netisopen.com/computer/web/webpagestuff.html

As for the attachment, you acn open it right clicking and selecting "open with" then select Notepad from the list of programs that will open.

BlueVoda cannot publish on another company servers.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X