How do I get the blog to show up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get the blog to show up?

As you can see....I'm a Private. How do I get the blog to show up on my web page? Do I have to write some html code to get it there or what? I really need a mickey mouse explanation if somebody has a few minutes.

Jonathan
    Welcome Search For Homes In The Raleigh And Surrounding Area Our Listings TESTIMONIALS The Move MeterSM lets you compare locations based on living affordability, average home prices and other important factors. Explore Get an Instant Estimate on Your Home* Learn your home’s value so you can tackle the real estate market with confidence. Explore *This …

Re: How do I get the blog to show up?

1) First of install and create your blog
    2) Simply create hyperlinks from your website you yout blog.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

OK....Still don't get it. Create a hyperlink to what, exactly? Does anybody have an example of how this code goes so that I can see it in practice?

Comment

For example, add the words.. My Blog to your website. Now hyperlink
        those words to your blog, if you do not know how to create hyperlinks.
        please click the below...

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/hyp...mages-etc.html

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Got it. Now, what if I want the blog to be displayed on my index page below my header and menu bars?

Comment

You can link it anywhere you like on your page.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I'm very new to blogging and just need a bit more specific info than this thread provides.

In post #4 below, you say, "Now hyperlink those words to your blog." I know how to hyperlink in BV but I don't see what URL should be the link's target. My WordPress Admin panel says that http://jhwm.net is both my "blog address" and my "WordPress address." But any link aimed at that URL simply leads to my web site's home page, NOT my blog. I'm sure you can clarify.

Comment

simply love the welcome mat!
                Keep it simple. copy your blog url from the browser then hyperlink it to your website!.
                If this isnt the correct answer, then if you can explain more maybe I can help.

Comment

Thanks, Kassi, I think the mat's kind of cool-looking too. The only URL I know of for my blog is the one listed on my WP Admin Panel (http://jhwm.net), and that URL doesn't lead to my blog. How do I know what my blog URL is?

Comment

Go into your control panel.
                    click fantastico.
                    click workpress.
                    After wordpress is up there you will see a list of your installations.
                    click 'visit site'.
                    then your blog will come up/there you can copy and save your blog url.

One thing that I do when installing any thing is at the end of installation you are asked if you would like an email sent to you via email. I alway have it sent to my personal email and then create a folder for that specific application..(wordpress) (joomla) (zen cart) then within each folder has all of the necessary information of each site and how to access administration and the site itself.

Comment

OK, I followed those steps you gave me, but maybe I did something wrong when I installed WP, because:

On the WP page of my cPanel, I clicked Visit Site and once again, I was taken to the home page of my web site, not my blog. And yes, I have created the blog (see attached screen shot).

BTW, on the WP page of my cPanel, here's what's listed in the 'Current Installations' area. FYI, "Visit site" and "Remove" are hyperlinked, but the "/ (2.0.4)" is not:

Current installations:

/ (2.0.4) Visit site Remove

I bet we're close to figuring this thing out!
                      Attached Files

Comment

hmm...ok, what did you name your blog download...for instance I named mine simply 'wordpress'
                        my address is 'http://www.kateart-cards.com/wordpress
                        so as yours should be the same, your address/blogname
                        How far did you get with your blog?
                        Did you change anything within the administration options/general?
                        If you have changed the info there to your website addy, well...umm not good...lol

Comment

I cant view your screenshot.
                          forgot, click the view site hyperlink.

Comment

I did enter information into some of the fields on the Options > General page, but I'm pretty sure I didn't touch the "WordPress Address" or the "Blog Address".

Also, not sure how to answer your question "What did you name your blog download?" Is that the same as the "Weblog Title" on the Options > General page?

Comment

WordPress address (URI) This address shouldnt be changed. That is found in General options
                              After you have chosen to download 'wordpress' you are then led thru a series of questions. One of which is where to add a 'name' to where you want your blog to be.

Install in directory
                              Leave empty to install in the root directory of the domain (access example: http://domain/).
                              Enter only the directory name to install in a directory (for http://domain/name/ enter name only). This directory SHOULD NOT exist, it will be automatically created!
                              If you left that empty and it appears you have then what I would do is to delete your installation and install a new one. and to make sure you not only 'name' it to its own directory, but to send yourself a personal email at the end of installation that way you will have all the information at your finger tips!

Comment

Working...
                              X