Where to put my link Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to put my link Page

I have decided to put a links page in my website as most good sites ask that you put a link back to them. Now I don't want the link page to be as prominent, but also I understand you can't have an invisible page. Could anyone advise me where the best place would be and also if it would be better just to do a text link instead?

Any advice would be great.

Paul
    www.anxietynomore.co.uk

Re: Where to put my link Page

Create a separate page for your links. It doesn't matter where you put it. Links can be text, or images. You may be asked by the exchanging sites to have a link from your homepage to the link page, and that would be fair enough i think.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ok thanks Naval, it just seems that many people hide there links page. I did not know if people would accept a links page that was hard to find or if I needed to make it quite prominent before they would link with me. Some will be in direct competion with me and as I don't really want people leaving my website, could I possibly put it in a place where it would be hard to see?

I hope you understand my question, sorry if it is a bit all over the place.

Regards Paul
      www.anxietynomore.co.uk

Comment

Depends on what your excange link partners require. If they only want the links for SE promotion, you can create the page but have just an invisible link to it. If your partners require visibility (and they also offer you the same) then you can't avoid it
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

If someone hides their link pages - it will eventually hurt them, not help them - and I don't recommend it. I won't trade links with anyone who doesn't have a link to their links page from their home page.

Part of the reason for link trading is also to get real targetted traffic - and if the se's think you're doing it JUST for them - they'll keep losing value - as they have been - because of the hiding of pages, etc.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
          X