Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storing Images locally?

Ok, I'll try and explain this simply...

With my websites so far I import my images to my WB pages by choosing them from files saved on my PC.

As long as I keep them in these folders and don't delete or move them, they remain always on my published sites.

However, because of the amount of websites I am making I now have thousands and thousands of images stored on my PC!

Can I store them on the server and then remove the images from my pc?

so instead of pointing the link to an image to like C:/my documents/images etc etc I just point them to the actual image name on the VH server?
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Re: Storing Images locally?

Hi Ramsey:

I have seen other posts with the same question and indeed I have wanted to
    do exactly what you have mentioned.

But, I dont think its posible with BV..............
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

hmmm... It means I am going to need 2 pc's!! One to make the sites and another to hold all the images???

Oh well...
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Why dont you do what I do ?

Buy a 2 gig memory stick or an external hard drive and use that for all your
        pics etc...........

btw: I like your sites and your approach, maybe we should communicate a little..........
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Comment

Yeah I am thinking about doing that. Once the sites are published I noticed I could remove the pictures from my C drive and maybe put them on a disc. Then if I need to republish a page at any time, just download the pics back onto the pc, redo the page, then publish, then take the pics off again?? A lot of work but massive storage space saving on the pc!

Yes let's communicate, I work very hard on my sites and optimization especially, in fact been approached by a very large business who like my efforts so much they want me to build them an optimized website that leads clients to THEIR badly optimized one, sounds daft I know but hey... when you're offered the comission on the clicks that I have been you'll do anything daft ; - )

Comment

Will contact you in the morning......going to BED NOW..........

Dont need to load them to your computer, point them to your memory stick or external hard drive.......
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Comment

No problem mate! Wish I could go to bed... too much work!!! I am knackered!

Comment

Here's something that might help in the housekeeping.

When you first insert an image into a BV page, lets say you insert the image from ...JunkFolder\Image01. It doesn't matter that you inserted the image from JunkFolder, BV will make a copy of the image in its bluevoda\images folder when you publish the page. So the bluevoda\images folder contains your current published images, And past published images.

BV also makes a copy of the previewed images in ...
                Documents and Settings\yourusername\Local Settings\Temp\preview

So to clean up the the unused images try this.
                Go to this Temp\Preview folder in explorer and add the column "Date accessed" to the explorer window. (Right click the headings, choose 'more', and tick "Date Accessed"

Now go to each of you pages, and preview them all. If you then go back to the temp/preview explorer window, you can see which ones have been accessed by your preview. (Sort them by "Date Accessed" by clicking the date accessed heading)

The ones that have just been accessed are the current ones. You can delete the rest from the Preview, and the Images folder
                Royden

www.harrow-art.com
                www.harrow.co.za

Comment

Working...
                X