Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Newbie

Hello Everyone,

I am very, very, very new to Vodahost. Just signed up tonight for webhosting and look forward to getting my site up and running. Actually I downloaded the free webbuilder and do have my site completed. I just have a few questions.

I noticed in other forum that you need to get your password and username from your welcome letter. How long does that usually take to receive? Also I have a free site set up but want to close that one when I get my new site up. I have my domain name with another domain site but I see I cannot transfer because it is not 60 days old. So I'm assuming when I get my welcome letter it will have my IP address so that I can have the other guys to forward my domain to this address? And when my domain name is 60 days old, will it be easy to transfer to here?

One more question...the home page that I have finished, when I go to preview it a few of my things are off the page, now the rest of my pages look fine when i preview it, just my home page looks weird....I wish I could let you guys take a look at it and I'm hoping this will be corrected when I get it published but if you have any suggestions I would appreciate it.

I'm excited to be using Voda and bring my business to the next level. I'm a travel agent and here is my site I have now thru a free site...http://bbdestinationexpress.com. But with the BlueVoda site builder I am able to do so much more and make it look so much more professional. Thanks to anyone that can give me advice and tips.

Belinda B.
    BB Destination Express
    Belinda B.
    BB Destination Express

Re: Another Newbie

Welcome belinda............You should be getting your welcome letter real soon.
    You can always "POINT" your existing domain name to the Vodahost servers
    after you have received your welcome email.

In the meantime get cracking and watch a few of the voda video tutorials...

Once again, welcome to the Voda Family.......

edit: I get this message when I tried to visit your other site..............
    There is no website configured at this address.
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thanks David,
      I jumped the gun and had it pointed to one of the Voda IP addresses...then i figured I'd better wait for my welcome letter. I went to my domain server and changed it back to my free address. Be nice, this one I have now was built with a free one :(.
      Belinda B.
      BB Destination Express

Comment

Ok, I will look at it in the morning (its nearly 3am here)

and dont worry about any comments, with the tools available in bv you are sure to make a better job of it.....

Good night(morning ALL)
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Working...
        X