This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to retire

The time has finally come for me to step away from this forum. I've been a member here for over a year now, learning at first and then helping others later, but I've outlived my usefulness.

When I first joined this forum, there were only (literally) three or four members bouncing around here answering questions and rather than ask questions, I read these forums top to bottom, used the search feature and anything else I could do to learn on my own.

Once I felt I had a solid grip, I started offering suggestions to others and it felt really good when I offered some advice to someone and they came back and said, "that worked! Thanks!" I don't know a lot, but I always did my best to help when I could.

I also think I brought a certain element of humor to this place and perhaps helped spawn the helpful community of people who now come here on a daily basis. I see many people to whom I offered tips or suggestions in the past now spending some of their valuable free time on here helping others and that is a very comfortable feeling. I've posted before about "paying it forward" and that's exactly what I'm seeing on my screen when I view this forum. All of you regulars do an outstanding job.

Bottom line, as I said, I've outlived my usefulness. Once was the time that I felt obligated to be here because there were so many questions and so few people to answer them. These days, however, there are as many people to answer the questions as there are people to ask them and that again is a testament to all of you who come here and spend your free time helping others.

So, I'm going to step away. This does not mean I won't ever stop by, because I will, and it certainly doesn't mean I'm leaving VodaHost, because I'm not - I'm very happy with this hosting service. Plus, Amanda and I will soon be showing off our two new sites here.

But there are only so many times you can answer the same questions, I've reached my quota and I'm ready to leave it to the rest of you to pick up the slack, which I know you will do admirably.

For those of you who have my email address, please feel free to get in touch if there's ever anything I can do to help - you know I'll do the best I can.

For everyone else, regulars and newcomers alike, I wish you all the best. You're in a wonderful place when you visit this forum and I hope you realize that.

Take care, everyone. I'm going to hop on the horse and ride off into the sunset. It's been a blast.
    My NASCAR Forum

Re: Time to retire

Thanks for all the help you've given. Sorry to see ya go. We'll try to keep up the humor but your a tough act to follow! LOL!

May your journey be prosperous. Make sure to make an appearance now and again!

What else can I say?

Take care my BV friend!!

Andy
    PS- Can I have your star? Just kidding! LOL!!!
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

(I'm going to hop on the horse and ride off into the sunset!) I do hope that horse has a 350 Chevy with twin turbo. Thanks for all your help in the past. Its members like yourself that attracted me to Vodahost & the forum in the 1st place. Good luck for the future.

From a grateful apprentice.

Chris.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Sorry to see you going. I still beleive that you have much to offer, at least with the less common issues. Take care my friend, and good luck with your new adventure.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Wow.

You have certainly been instrumental in my becoming capable of wrapping my mind and ability around taking control over my online destiny, and the thought of your abscence leaves me with a feeling of sudden inadequency, General. It took me almost 3 months of scoping this Forum out (noting your formible presence) last Fall before I could make a sound decision to join this year, which was a direct result of your continued support and 'available expertise.'

The example you have set, the momentum you have initiated, and the horizon you have defined shall remain to inspire and deliver us to the high level of accomplishment and continued success that you even now freely share unreservedly.

I, for one, will always be midful of every nuance of advice and instruction you have contributed, and hope to emulate the personable excellence you have always demonstrated.
          And, I appreciate your openness and approachability for enduring assistance, in addition to the comfort of a lasting, genuine friendship.
          (I will try to keep the midnight door-banging for solutions to my miniscule crisis to a minimum)

I guess this means you won't be around to see me get MY Star?? Pity. I was planning a barbeque to outdo all others, in the Southern style with all the fixins'!!

I can only express my sincere wishes for your continued prosperity and success in all that you do, and that you keep us newblians in rememberance with fondness!

You will be sorely missed, and will always bring a smile to our faces whenever we recall your kindnesses..............

(Don't get any ideas, Naval!!!)
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

hehe, seems i'm the bad guy! LOL
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Old soldiers never die; they just fade away.

We salute you and thank you for your invaluable contributions.

Gods Speed General Racefan.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

You still da man.
                Good luck and all the best.

Up to the top you go,

Comment

But wait you havn't helped me yet!! I am signing up soon I promise! Just kidding of course! I'm new to the forums here and will most likely sign up with Vodahost soon, but I wanted you to know I've found a lot of good useful information from your posts to other users with questions similar to my own.

I may be wrong, but you just seem like the type of person that enjoys helping others, judging by all your helpful posts, and I would be surprised if you actually can resist putting in a few tidbits of info now and then. Anyways good luck to you wherever that sunset may be taking you!

Comment

i will miss you in here and the place wont be the same
                    The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
                    Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Hi Race,

You will be missed and I thank you for all of the help that you have given me. Don't forget you will be in the book.
                      Sharon Chajin

Comment

Good luck !! and thanks for the tips.
                        Bill
                        www.blueearthtea.com
                        www.ftaaconsulting.com
                        www.iaval.com
                        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Hi Race,

Thanks for being one of the first to help and give great suggestions for my site. Your comments on other threads were invalualbe to help me with mine and I'm truly sorry to see you going as I think you have so much more to offer us all. I however wish you the best and hope to see you in the Lounge.

Bzzzzzz

Beezz
                          sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

Yeah? great! go on and take Amanda with ya! .....lol ;o)
                            Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
                            http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

thanks for any help you have given me. I look forward to seeing the new site that You and Amanda have been working on!
                              Any hints?...lol
                              Your humor and talent will be missed greatly.

Comment

Working...
                              X