Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spacing text in html

Morning Guys & Gals,

How do I put spaces in my text in html, I want to seperate some text but have it on the same line. I have tried to do this by just hitting the space bar a few times, but when I preview the page the text does'nt seem to have moved.

Remember I am a complete N00bie and any help will be gratefully accepted

Re: Spacing text in html

Do you have the latest version of BV? If not I would upgrade.

What you say you are doing should work so long as you are not at the end of the text box. So stretch the box out some or hit return to put it on another line and then hit the space bar.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

If i have understood well, you are hand coding. If it is so, here is an example:

<h3>
      This is line Nr 1<BR>
      <BR>
      and this is line Nr 2
      </h3>

The <BR> adds a CR between the two lines

If you are using BV, then spacing with the space bar is the way to go.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Morning Andy & Naval,

Yes I am trying to code but I need the text on the same line. So I want sometin like,
        Home About Us Contact Us News

But what I see is,
        Home About Us Contact Us News

How can I put spaces in between my text in html ?

Thanks guys for replying to my question

Comment

Thats why Naval has the stars!!!!!!!!!!

Did you try the &nbs to create the space? You might need to use a lot of them as they only create (1) character space each.

Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Dooooh it does the same here

Comment

Hold on for a minute! WHERE are you trying to put the text into? If you want to space the words, use this code:

<h3>
              first word &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; second word
              </h3>
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Nope not puting it in a drop down menu, I am using dreamweaver mx and I am trying to get spaces in my text then put them as hyper links to other pages.
                I want them to look like below, but without the ----- in between ( I just put in the ---- so I could space the text here)

Home ------- About Us-------- Contact Us-------- News ------

I want to do this in html but dont know how or if ya can put spaces in the html code.

Comment

Look above. every &nbsp; is a space
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Excellant that works. ye guys are the bestest
                    Thanks for the help.

Comment

Thank Andy
                      Navaldesign

Comment

And let me show you a trick: if you don't want to hanwrite (or paste/paste/paste) just open BV, write the text that you want, open the Object html, and copy the entire line in your code.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Cool all tips or tricks are gratefully received.
                          Thanks again guys.

Comment

Working...
                          X