Your opinions on fonts please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your opinions on fonts please?

Hi Guys... I have made over ten sites now with BV but just cannot decide which font is best. I tend to use verdana or Tahoma but when I look at other websites made by the big boys I can never get mine looking like that. Have experimented but still not quite happy. Can anyone offer any advice when it comes to fonts.

Please check my latest site, but bear in mind only finished the home page and the tiara page and the wedding dress page

Let me know what you think of the font cos I am not entirely happy with it

Thanks
    Ramsey
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Re: Your opinions on fonts please?

Stick with verdana, Arial, Tahoma and you will be ok, what impresses you with
    the other sites is not the fonts, its there use and implementaion of graphics &
    content management systems. They all use more or less the same fonts.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost
      Thank you, your opinion is appreciated.

I just don't get the same feeling with my aites when I look at them... maybe I am trying too hard to be a perfectionist?
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Not everybody has the same fonts on their PC's and if you use an unusual font, users may see a very different site than you intended.
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Originally posted by bill2006
          Not everybody has the same fonts on their PC's and if you use an unusual font, users may see a very different site than you intended.
          But I presume Arial, verdana, Tahoma is a pretty safe bet?

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost
            Yep, most pc's have them pre-installed.
            Bill
            www.blueearthtea.com
            www.ftaaconsulting.com
            www.iaval.com
            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Working...
            X