Amazing I got it done!!! Comments???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing I got it done!!! Comments???

Hello BV friends.......I have finished the first draft of my webpage and managed to get it published last week - an exciting time!! There is always something to be done and refined - a work in progress. I need to get the script together for the Contact Us page. The emails work if you email directly, just not thru the form.

While I work on that I would appreciate any and all comments anybody might have.

www.rhinoempire.com

Thanks everyone for checking it out and thank you BV Support for your help during construction!

Canard

Re: Amazing I got it done!!! Comments???

I like it... no... I love it... Extremely well layed out and very easy going to the eyes! Very attractive website well done
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

i think you need to centre the page my freind, but yes very nice job
      The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
      Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Hi ViaDuck
        you've done a nice job there all the link seem to work, though you might want to center the pages as there all to the left. also on your home page there is no Indication of what you actually do ( i was a bit confused ) , as the index page is the most crawled page it is very Important to grab the veiwers attention. it's a fact of life that many people have very little attention span when surfing the net, if they don't see what looking for or understand it they move on. this is not your aim.
        Keep up though your getting there.

(Note to self must stop being so Serious, it hurts )

Comment

I must admit... I thought that too... as nice as it is... what's it about?

Sorry
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hey!

Site looks great, might want to centre it and like everyone else said I am a little bit confused of what you do. Although the rest is good and I like the idea of the letters on the stones!
            Best regards,
            Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

please no apologies necessary!! I appreciate the comments and feedback - if no one is honest with you its hard to tell what needs to be fixed. I see that it is unanimous that I need to center the pages! good to know - I got so used to looking at it that I didn't see it.

I tried to cover a bit of what we do on the About Us page but obviously I need refine that. Its a bit tricky right now as we are working thru this. The ultimate goal is have it be a RhinoProducts Site - all things Rhino, toys, logos, animation or an affiliate for products that have a Rhino for a Mascot....think Blue Rhino Propane etc.

I also have a small inventory of misc. health/beauty aides that I want to incorporate - perhpas keep the spa theme for that and glam up the other sales. I was desperately trying to avoid the whole marquee and flashing lights thing - I hate those personally - sad to say they work though.

Originally posted by Jeremy
              Site looks great, might want to centre it and like everyone else said I am a little bit confused of what you do. Although the rest is good and I like the idea of the letters on the stones!
              When I was designing the site - I was fussing with various templates - then I found the Pyramids!! Inspiration hit and I went with it. The stones just leant themselves to having letters on them.....gives the impression of them being carved into it LOL.

Thank you everyone for your comments - the feedback was very helpful while I finetune things :)

Comment

Viaduck:
                Nice and refreshing change in your presentation. Look forward to seing the finished product.

Might think about keeping the menus in ONE place as people are lazy and keep their mouse hovering over where the fist menu appears.

If you want a quick easy contact form try my free one....
                You can always adapt it and add the other fields as you wish.(see below)

Will visit again to see how your site developes..................
                Have fun
                Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                Newbies / Beginners Forum
                FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Canard,
                  What a terrific site! I love the stones and I agree you don't need the flashing marquees. The elephant cam is great and I loved reading the bios of the elephants. I'll definately revisit. Good luck!
                  Karen
                  http://www.quiltedtoatea.com
                  http://www.quiltedtoatea.com/blog
                  http://www.toadstoolteaparties.com
                  http://www.myteatimefun.com

Comment

Ditto Alien's comments above, I couldn't figure out if the page was about history, Vodahost or something else. I was curious and ran through several pages and saw more elephants than rhinos.

Products and Rhino Store - is this repeated ?

The design is good, creative.
                    http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/pro...ier-users.html

Good luck
                    Bill
                    www.blueearthtea.com
                    www.ftaaconsulting.com
                    www.iaval.com
                    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Hi ,

really nice site...I was hooked and curious on the first page but didn't feel you quite said wht you were about in the next pages ...a little confused on that point...a little re-wording might be in order.

BUT it is a really nice site and easy to navigate.

Hope that helps... :)
                      Beezz
                      sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

Nice looking site. Will comment more, once the purpose of the site is more established. But overall, I liked the colors and look. Good Luck
                        Cindy Smentowski

Comment

thank you all for your wonderful it really helps with the refining of the pages - yes some work is still in order. This attempt gave me a good feel for BV so know I have the basics under my belt.

Products and RhinoShop are two differant things. Products is going to end up being my misc. stock for sale where as the Rhino Shop is everything and everything Rhinos or will be lol.

I'm just pleased that I got something up and running successfully in less than a month! Even straightened out my PHP Script!!! Have to say love this software!

Comment

Originally posted by quiltergal
                            Canard,
                            What a terrific site! I love the stones and I agree you don't need the flashing marquees. The elephant cam is great and I loved reading the bios of the elephants. I'll definately revisit. Good luck!
                            Karen
                            Hi Karen!!

yes the Elecam is one of our personal favorites and a great cause. Now we are searching for a RhinoCam!

much will be changing as the months progress now after a little breather while I think about a revamping of the main page lol.

Comment

Working...
                            X