Password protect question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password protect question

OK - Please don't beat me but I've been reading off and on all day (and most of last night) and I'm just not sure about this so here goes.

I've published 3 pages of my first site - not quite ready for constructive criticism yet but they are up and the stuff I've finished is actually working!

I published my index page (www.team5x5resources.com) which is an addon domain - and I created a subdomain (team5x5resources/pp) that I password protected. What I want is
    1. Have everyone share one common log in and password that will get them past the first page. They will receive this in an email when the site is ready.

2. After they get to the password protected area I want them to be able to navigate around through 3 or 4 pages without having to enter the login everytime they switch.

I'm sure I've just got something a little off but as it stands right now there is a pop up that asks for the login and then when you get into the protected subdirectory and try to go to another page it requests that you log in again.

If I have missed this on the forum - please point me in the right direction. I'm truly amazed at what I've been able to accomplish by simply reading the posts and viewing the tutorials.
    Alejaz

Re: Password protect question

Originally posted by Alejaz
    I published my index page (www.team5x5resources.com) which is an addon domain - and I created a subdomain (team5x5resources/pp) that I password protected. What I want is
    1. Have everyone share one common log in and password that will get them past the first page. They will receive this in an email when the site is ready.Having one standard User Name & Password is fine....

2. After they get to the password protected area I want them to be able to navigate around through 3 or 4 pages without having to enter the login everytime they switch.They won't have to, as every page in this 'protected directory' is already accessible having navigated from one "allowed" page....

I'm sure I've just got something a little off but as it stands right now there is a pop up that asks for the login and then when you get into the protected subdirectory and try to go to another page it requests that you log in again. NO....you/they are already "IN"

If I have missed this on the forum - please point me in the right direction. I'm truly amazed at what I've been able to accomplish by simply reading the posts and viewing the tutorials.
    It would be so nice to experience more of this, but nonetheless, serving the VH Forums is an expression of grattitude (too 'old school' for many, I suppose)
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you for responding Vasili,

At least I know what can be done but it isn't working like that. After I get to the protected area it keeps asking me to log in again when I try to navigate the pages.

I've opened a support ticket so perhaps they can see what I've done to make this happen. In the mean time I'll try and double check everything again.

Again I appreciate your help.
      Alejaz

Comment

Please provide an URL to the protected pages so we can have a look. Indeed, as Vassili said, once you have entered the protected are, you should be able to navigate without loggin, at least until you do not exit the protected folder.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

The home page (index) is www.team5x5resources.com and then I added the protected folder which is (pp)

From www.team5x5resources.com (which has a log in option) you go into the password protected folder - www.team5x5resources.com/pp/hm and from there you go to the forms page which is www.team5x5resources.com/pp/forms

I'm sorry, I know I need to give you better information for you to be able to help me but I'm not sure exactly what the url is that I need to give you. There are 3 pages published and the login info is

Username - success
          Password - resources

Thank you for taking a look. I'm sure it's something simple that I'm overlooking but for the life of me I haven't been able to figure it out.
          Alejaz

Comment

Ok, maybe, from what i have seen, you have password protected not only the pp folder, but also the forms folder separately. That's why it keeps asking for a password and username again. Please check it out and see if i am correct. If you want to navigate freely through the pp folder, you must only pass protect the pp folder, not the subfolders.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you Navaldesign,

I did go in and check and only the pp folder is protected. I don't actually have a forms folder - I just published the page name as "forms" and published it into the pp folder.

I didn't think I needed a folder for each page - do I?
              Alejaz

Comment

Re: Password protect question - Update

I fixed the problem! I had created a link on the forms button and failed to put the www in the link.

Thanks to everyone who helped!

On to climb the next mountain
                Alejaz

Comment

Congratulations on your accomplishment!

"There's Magic in VodaLand!"
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                  X