Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whew! What a job!

Hello Everyone,

Hope all has had a good weekend. Slowly but surely I am finally understanding how all this comes together. This forum has so much great information, each time I think "what in the world should I do now?" I come here and find the answer right on the spot. Thanks guys.

Now so far I've gotten my home page and travel offers page published. If you all could critique it for me I would be greatly appreciate it. I've got to take a mind break for now, lol.

Oh yeah, the link is in my sig.
    Belinda B.
    BB Destination Express

Re: Whew! What a job!

Hey Belinda!

Great website! Clean. Simple and very professionally done! I love it! I can tell you took alot of effort and time into building this website!

Keep up the good work!
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Almost there, some of your links at the bottom of the page do not work yet. I was sidetracked by the wine site -
      Bill
      www.blueearthtea.com
      www.ftaaconsulting.com
      www.iaval.com
      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Looks very well planned and has the makings of something in the excellent category.
        The menu bar is hard to see on the front page, and is lost on the pages that need scrolling, like special vacations and travel offers.
        I would make your main panel on the index page bigger in relation to the wine ad.
        The age old discussion about Google ads taking traffic away from your pages is very relevant to your site.
        Royden

www.harrow-art.com
        www.harrow.co.za

Comment

Nice Job!! I to am working on a travel site. Someday..... the only comment I have at first glance is locating your nav bars once I'm off the home page. Found them after scrolling to bottom and some didn't work. Lots of work has gone into your site and I wish you well!!
          Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Hey thanks for sharing that, I have just joined and looking to build my own website too, your site looks great from a laymans veiw, I only hope I can build one that looks as good as yours is starting to look.

Comment

Hi Belinda,

You've made a great start!....just a few things that i noticed...firstly you need to set your page guides so that you dont have that big sideways scroll a big no no when it comes to customers browsing any site ...easily fixed just click on the link below..that'll do the trick :o)

Also the font on your menu bar needs to be lighter in colour so its easy for people to read, dark on dark is hard on the old eyes.

Lastly and this is only my opinion, I think it always looks more professional when the same theme from the home page is carried on through the rest of the site, template..colours ..font..etc....hope that helps
              Well done :o)
              Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
              http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Liked the site. It is well planned. The things that I noticed
                are that the image of the limo on special vac. pg. is stretched to the max. Agree about the color of the fonts on first page. It would all probably look even better centered. The only page that I did not like was the links page. Don't like google search in a site,it's like saying you don't have all the answers or info. and you want the reader to at least think you do. Personal preference only, don't like google ads, in general not just these. The other thing I personally don't like in any site is the links that are irrelevant to the subject that I was searching for when I entered the site. Most of this is just me, but all in all you are close and your hard work is evident and should pay off. Lots of luck, look forward to the completed site.
                Choco777
                www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Working...
                X