Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form Submitted Page

Hello all,

I have a basic form on my site that works fine but what I would like it to do when you click submit is to not only go to my email but also have a page that says something like "Request Submitted" or go back to my home page. Can anyone give me advice on how to do this?

Here is the form page:
    http://bbdestinationexpress.com/quoterequest.html
    Belinda B.
    BB Destination Express

Re: Form Submitted Page

It's very easy if you have used a php script to process your form info: add this code

header("Location: confirmationpage.html");

just before the last line of your script (which should, at this ponit, look like

mail($mailto,$mailsubj,$mailbody,$mailhead);

header("Location: confirmationpage.html");

?>

You can change the page name from "confirmationpage.html" to whatever you like. You have to create and publish this "confirmation.html" page. Have a look at mine: www.navaldesign.info/thankyou_page.html
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

hmmm...I'm not sure I'm getting where to put the code but I have made a confirmation page..
      I put it here but its not working:

<FORM name="cmnow1" method="POST" action="mailto:belinda@bbdestinationexpress.com" enctype="multipart/form-data" "Location: submitted.html"

I know I'm missing something

Belinda B.
      BB Destination Express

Comment

You have used the mailto: method to submit the form data. Please note that this method will not work with all your visitors, as it depends on the Outlook Express (or other email client) settings of your visitor. For many of them, it will simply openup Outlook Express, with NONE of the form info in it. Please read this first: Basics about Forms

then have a look at Andy's step by step tutorial on how to make your form work with a php script, in: http://netisopen.com/computer/web/webpagestuff.html
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks NavalDesign,

I will have to look into this further. I just havent gotten it correct yet.
          Belinda B.
          BB Destination Express

Comment

Navaldesign:

I'm looking to do the same thing as Belinda and I have read your response to her but I'm still lost. Where exactly should I place that code you explained to her? I have created my forms on my website. My website is still in it's beginning stages but I would like to have a Thank you submission page as well, telling my potential customer their next steps. Also, to take it a step further, how would I go about having an email sent to their email account right after their submission to my site? Please advise.

Comment

mpritchett,

Look at the link below and it should make it clear. This incorporates a thank you page.
              http://www.netisopen.com/computer/TF001/phpmailto.html

To send an e-mail to your customer stating that you have received the information and will get back to them- you will need to set up an auto-responder message in cpanel under webmail.

Andy
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
              X