Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Php Email problems

Hello there, this is my first post!
    My website is: Holleyjohnson.net but currently in transfer process. So its http://70.86.241.194/~cncmmdly/. The form in question is: http://70.86.241.194/~cncmmdly/contact.html Its a basic registration form. Ask for name and email address.

Php file: http://70.86.241.194/~cncmmdly/contact.php

I have it getting the info but for some reason its not emailing the results. Am I missing something?

both files are in the same directory... I am also noticing that the comment: Thank you for visiting our site and ..... is not posting as an output. I am looking for some help.

Thanks,
    Stratis
    logid: cncmmdly
    Thanks,
    Stratis

www.holleyjohnson.net
    mailto: stratis.constas@holleyjohnson.net

Re: Php Email problems

Well-
    Is this currently on a Voda Host server? I should not be able to see the php script- but I can. That is not supposed to be.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Yeah.. the the temporary URL that I have been given by Voda:

http://70.86.241.194/~cncmmdly/

Should this be ok after the transfer onto Voda?

Stratis
      Thanks,
      Stratis

www.holleyjohnson.net

Comment

Stratis,
        I suggest that you open a support ticket. I suspect something is not set correctly on your account as I can see the php code by viewing the source code of the php page- and you shouldnt be able to.

Or- where exactly did you place the php code? Did you place it "inside the body tags"? Make sure that you placed the php code properly. What instructions did you follow setting up the php script?

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

I just set a simple notepad. Started with open php and close php.. no <html> tags. I will see with the tags..if it makes a difference.

Stratis
          Thanks,
          Stratis

www.holleyjohnson.net

Comment

Here is the current code: <now>

<HTML>
            <HEAD>
            <TITLE>Succesfully processed your order</TITLE>
            </HEAD>
            <BODY>
            <H2>Thanks for your order!</H2>
            <?PHP
            $email = $HTTP_POST_VARS[email];
            $mailto = conjunkbox********.com;
            $mailsubj = "test script for php";
            $mailhead = "From: $email\n";
            reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
            $mailbody = "Values submitted from web site form:\n";
            while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
            {
            $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";
            }
            mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);
            ?>
            </BODY>
            </HTML>

I am still getting no email with the php script. I do get an output..stating thanks for posting.....
            Also, If I do the mailto option from the form..I do get an email from the forum, but the output needs to be cleaned up. Ideas?

Thanks,
            Stratis
            Thanks,
            Stratis

www.holleyjohnson.net

Comment

Interesting.. I see that the script must have worked. I recieved an email from: navalde@XXXXX.com ( didn't post full email..incase user didn't want me too)

Now, how was it that it didn't work when I tried it.

Stratis
              Thanks,
              Stratis

www.holleyjohnson.net

Comment

I tested it
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

To be honest i re-produced your script page, and it was that that send the mail. However, don't try anymore. temporary URL (like yours) are PHP disabled, that's why it doesn't work.
                  Navaldesign
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Interesting. And for a sec, I thought it was fixed.. bummer.

Could this be not working properly since script is still on temp website that Voda gave me prior to transfer of my host domain? I am thinking, something like a guest account that doesn't run all the features?

temp: http://70.86.241.194/~cncmmdly/
                    Thanks,
                    Stratis

www.holleyjohnson.net

Comment

That's excactly what i posted above. Although it is not a question of transfer, but a question of account setting up
                      Navaldesign

Comment

guess both of us were posting at the same time.. Thanks for the help.

I am currently waiting for my domain name transfer from Geocities.. oh joy. Once that happens.. this php will be fun. Thanks again.

Stratis
                        Thanks,
                        Stratis

www.holleyjohnson.net

Comment

Your name is Στρατης ?
                          Navaldesign

Comment

I like the Greek. The Greeks call me Stratos ( I don't know the option for Greek Characters) short for Efstratios. English: Stratis
                            Thanks,
                            Stratis

www.holleyjohnson.net

Comment

Ok, but you are not Greek, are you?
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X