Using shopping buttons in photo gallery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using shopping buttons in photo gallery

I'm just now working in bv building a site selling a "craft" product.

If i set up a bv photogallery (thumbnail clicked for larger image) and the image has the description, etc. of the product in the photo, can I also put a "buy now" button in the description if I'm using a cart like Mals or other "button" cart?

I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around all of this.

Anyone out there with similar site set ups I could look at? Or if I sent you a link with a site that looks like what I'm trying to acheive, you could take a look and guide me in the right direction? I'm not sure the site owner would want me to post the links here. Thanks!
    still working on website!

Re: Using shopping buttons in photo gallery

You can do it in two (at least) ways:
    1. By using the thumbnails as links to a popup window. You need to create a page with the same size of the opup, with the picture and the description in it.
    2. By embedding an I frame in your page. The thumbnail will also be linked to a separate page with the picture and the description, but the target of the link will be the i frame. This can be seen at: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...y-i-frame.html
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

THanks Naval....I read that link about 4 times yesterday! It is great and so is your boat site! (Your designs are amazing by the way.) Funny how you can read a tut and each time get something different out of it as this did not sink into my brain yesterday!

Ok, I'm off to go "experiment" with your suggestions. Hopefully the coffee and pancakes will help! LOL I'm determined to learn this!!!!

Tammy

Comment

You can also do it right underneath the gallery - if you look at my Pinata Palace site - all my products were input using the gallery - then I added the buy button under each.

I, personally, stay away from using too many i-frames (but that's just me).
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Bethers! Of COURSE! I think that may just work for me! I forgot you had it that way on your site! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X