Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems in sending data through form

Hi,

I have created a form using the php method and also created another page and save it as .bvp

however the data is still sent via my outlook. I do not know what is the problem.

What should I put as encoding type? I left it empty.

this is my website:
    www.tdisdiseasia.com

thanks Alex.

Re: problems in sending data through form

Change the form "Action" to be your php script filename. However, you must publish the BV page with the php code, after you have changed (in Page Properties) the extension (when published) in php and saved.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi,

Thanks. The form works now without me admending it. Guess it's the waiting time for it to be properly published.

However where does the infomation goes to? And how do I retrive it??

Thanks in advance
      Alex

Comment

The info, if the form and the php script are correctly setup, should arrive where you have determined, in your inbox or your database.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Navaldesign,

Finally I got it almost right. Just one thing more:

I have three fields of input, but thye form only capture one.
          This is my html in my page, let me know where I go wrong:

<?PHP $email = $HTTP_POST_VARS[email];
          $mailto = "mailinglist@tdisdiseasia.com";
          $mailsubj = "Mailing List";
          $mailhead = "From: $email\n";
          reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
          $mailbody = "Values submitted from web site form:\n";
          while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
          {
          $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";
          }
          mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);
          ?>

my website is www.tdisdiseasia.com

thanks in advance

Alex

Comment

No, the script captures ALL (even if they were hundreds) thanks to the loop
            {
            }

But it captures the email separately, because it needs to add it as the "From" address in the email that is sent to you.
            Navaldesign

Comment

However, as it set up, after submission it will do nothing, and you will stay with a blank screen. Create at least a thankyou page (in BV, and publish it) and redirect the visitor there, by modifying the script as follows:

reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
              {
              }
              header("Location: thankyou_page.html");

?>

In the "thankyou_page" you can add your menubar, so the visitor can still navigate your site
              Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                However, as it set up, after submission it will do nothing, and you will stay with a blank screen. Create at least a thankyou page (in BV, and publish it) and redirect the visitor there, by modifying the script as follows:

reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
                {
                }

?>

In the "thankyou_page" you can add your menubar, so the visitor can still navigate your site
                Hi Navaldesign,

I have already created a page called mailinglist.bvp and publish it.
                Is it necessary to include the "header("Location: thankyou_page.html");"???

But it seems to accept only the 1st name but not the second name and the email address.

Is there any thing I can do to make it work?

Thanks
                Alex

Comment

Not sure what you mean. Is "mailinglist" your thankyou page, or your form page ? If it is your thankyou page, just change the

in

header("Location: mailinglist.html");

I'm also not sure what you mean by "But it seems to accept only the 1st name but not the second name and the email address." If you mean that the form doesn't send all the info, you probably have named all the fields with the same fefault name, T1. Check it out, and eventually rename them. The email field has to be called "email" for the script to work properly.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Alex,
                    I assume you have set up an e-mail account> mailinglist@tdisdiseasia.com
                    That is where your data will be sent from the form.

What is on the mailinglist web page?

The header("Loacation: thankyou.html"); is just a way in which the script will send your customer to specific page (thankyou.html) where you can tell your customer - "Thanks your form has been sent" and then have a button or link back to your main website or to another location you desire.

Hope that clarifies

Cheers,
                    Andy
                    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Ok, you have selected the combined html / php solution, so disregard my post about adding the "header: ......." You don't need it. Not only, but it will also give you an error message.

You only receive one field, and not the second field and the email, because, as said above, your fields are all named T1. Just rename them in "First Name", "Last Name", "email".
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Hi all,

I got it all working.
                        Thanks alot

Alex

Comment

Working...
                        X