This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voda definition of publish

Hi Guys...don't know if this should go here or not...

One week ago I published my index page...and have yet to see it!
    Yesterday I decided to publish it again. I also published 2 other content pages and have yet to see any of these either.

Now I will include what details I have to go on....

IP: 70.86.224.210
    Username: bx????map
    Password: ??????
    Folder: public_html

http://www.disciplerefuge.org
    http://www.disciplerefuge.org/about_us.html

Re: Voda definition of publish

What are the exact url's you published so we can take a look.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi

these are the url's I published.

Stressless

Comment

Hi....stressless here....these are the url's that I published

When I just tried the links on the above...here is the message I got from firefox.

First it said that they had to prevent a pop-up...which I don't have...and then this note...

disciplerefuge.org
        Here are some related websites for: disciplerefuge.org

Thanx

stressless

Comment

Hey stressless!

You should not show your password in the Voda Forum. Some sick scammer can take that information and hack your account and change everything. These threads are shown in major search engines so I recommend you change your password just incase.

Good luck with your problem.
          Best regards,
          Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

thanx Jeremy...

Comment

Name Server:NS1.MY-NAME-SERVER.COM
              Name Server:NS2.MY-NAME-SERVER.COM
              Name Server:NS3.MY-NAME-SERVER.COM

This is where your domain is pointed at. You are succesfully publishing because you are publishing directly in your account, but you can't see your site because you have not yet pointed it at the VodaHost serers. You need to enter your registrar CP and change the DNS to point to the same nameservers of your VodaHost account.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi NavalDesign

What you have said is unquestionably true. How could I possibly doubt this....but what this greenhorn still needs to know...is what do I do? ? ?

Yes...the system told me I was successfully published. Shouldn't the system of checks and balances tell me what I did wrong or what I should do next?

I'm one of these senior people who take just a little longer for things to get thru...if you know what I mean?

Still TOTALLY confused.

Stressless

Comment

I think what he is saying is that you have to go to whoever you have your domain names listed with and either change it yourself if you have the option to do so or ask them to point the domain name (www.****) to vodahosts servers
                  Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

The system can't perform any check on publishing, because YOU ARE INDEED PUBLISHING in your VodaHost account.

Your problem is not the publishing issue, but the fact that your site - the new one that you have published - can't be found. It's like a person who's name is known but we can't find him because we don't know his address. Sites are found by "declaring" in the whole Internet, (thanks to huge databases that hold this info) , where, on which server, they reside. So, in your case, the registrar, i.e. the company you purchased your domain name, have on their database the info that your site resides on
                    Name Server:NS1.MY-NAME-SERVER.COM
                    Name Server:NS2.MY-NAME-SERVER.COM
                    Name Server:NS3.MY-NAME-SERVER.COM
                    which is the default address they give when somebody buys a domain name from them.

instead, now that you have a new account with VodaHost, this should be changed to be like:

Name Server:ns13.vodahost.com
                    Name Server:ns14.vodahost.com

13 and 14 are just a guess, have a look at your welcome email to find out which ones your account is actually pointed to. then call your registrar and ask them to change your domain nameservers to be the ones in your Vodahost welcome email.
                    Navaldesign
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

HI...YOU SIR ARE FANTASTIC. You spell things out rather well. Now...all I have to do is find out which server my site resides on. This will be a pain!!!

Thanks again..

Stressless....with much to do ;o)

Comment

Originally posted by stressless
                        Now...all I have to do is find out which server my site resides on. This will be a pain!!!

Thanks again..

Stressless....with much to do ;o)
                        Why? don't you have a welcome mail from VodaHost? all the info is in there.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Hello again....Same church...different seat?

In looking at my email, giving me all the necessary info to publish...there is a section giving me my server info...aka ns5 .

What causes me consternation is when you go to publish...there is nowhere on the form that says...what nameserver would you like this to go to?

I seem to be taking up a lot of your time....and for that I apologize. How do I tell the system that I would like my site on server ns5?

stressless

Comment

The e-mail you have gotten should have:

+ I.P ADDRESS
                            + USERNAME
                            + PASSWORD

This should be your I.P/SERVER:
                            + Voda 4 70.86.224.210 ns5.vodahost.com

Good luck!
                            Best regards,
                            Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Please note that you publish on your IP address, you only need the nameservers once, just to have your domain name pointed correctly. If you are on Voda 4, these are your IP and nameservers:

Voda4 70.86.224.210 ns5.vodahost.com ns6.vodahost.com

If you are on Voda5, they are they are the following:

Voda5 70.86.241.194 ns7.vodahost.com ns8.vodahost.com
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X