Opinions about counters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions about counters

How do you guys feel about counters on the webpage? I've had some comments from another board that I should take it off the home page. I like to track my traffic though. Any suggestions would be great.
    Belinda B.
    BB Destination Express

Re: Opinions about counters

Lose the thought of "counters" completely...their use is unprofessional and does nothing other than broadcast to other visitors how many (or how few) have arrived before them....sometimes! This is a "leftover" utility from the early days of internet when tracking and web statistics/metrics software was both limited and expensive....i.e. "Urchin" and "PagePower".... Let your unique content and other website features create the credibility you seek.

You have wonderful data that you can use specifically in STATS (in your VH Control Panel), and when combined with the very affordable and effective VodaHits program will allow you to implement a winning SEO strategy.

In my opinion, of course!

PS- This thread belongs in "Adding Elements".....not "Website Reviews"......
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you Vasili,

I just want to get an opinion from the "professionals" :). I went ahead and took it off since that seemed to be the flaw I was hearing about the home page. Thanks again.

Oh, and sorry about parking in the wrong thread ;).
      Belinda B.
      BB Destination Express

Comment

Originally posted by blnda84
        Thank you Vasili,

I just want to get an opinion from the "professionals" :). I went ahead and took it off since that seemed to be the flaw I was hearing about the home page. Thanks again.
        Belinda-
        Far from professionals (for the most part, I should say), you will find your VodaPeers to be genuinely sincere about offering you the best advice and tips to speed you on your way to creating the website of your dreams....

We appreciate your participation in this online community, and look forward to not only your vision completed, but your "passing the torch" to others as you are able as well!

Comment

Belinda, you can keep track of your traffic through your stats - and if you want more stats - go ahead and add the free version of statcounter - in it's invisible mode - to your website.

But, Vasili is very right about a counter giving an unprofessional opinion.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hey!

I agree with the above Belinda. I had a hit counter on my index and Vasili told me to take it off. I did not notice how un professional it was. If you don't have to many hits people will see this and say " well jeez! this site doesn't look to good " or if you have to many they might think you are to greedy, etc.

.. so really just don't put it, hehe!

Good luck!
            Best regards,
            Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Geez, Sergeant-Major Jeremy!
              You make it sound like I'm a "Patton" or something....I am pleased you "saw the light" yourself, though.....

Comment

Stat counters on Home page get the big thumbs down from me. They are unnecessary and they do NOT give an accurate reading. Just refreshing the page will add to the score!

BV provide the best stats I have seen with any other package in your CP

Ramsey
                Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hehe!

Accually .. I look up to your advice and help. You give very good information and you are doing very good at this community "job" thing - I can't forget everyone else either.
                  Best regards,
                  Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Thanks again guys, I really appreciate it. I will definitely assist others when I can as you all have helped me so much.
                    Belinda B.
                    BB Destination Express

Comment

Wow... I had no idea that visible stat counters were so frowned upon. You all make a lot of sense though.... guess I should take mine down.
                      MR. PURE
                      ourwaterispure.com

Comment

Working...
                      X