Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

uk gift site designed with bluevoda and a newbie !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uk gift site designed with bluevoda and a newbie !!

Hello everyone some wicked sites on here cool
    i've just finished my first site i'm a newbie at the mo getting the hang
    of it all now. my new site is called www.untouchedtalent.co.uk
    its a gift shop needs a bit of work but its done
    its just a long waiting game with search engines
    to see it working hope you all injoy and like the work i've done.
    any questions about the site please e-mail
    markmccallum@untouchedtalent.co.uk

this advert was also designed by untouchedtalent.co.uk

Brand new gift site designed and maintained by mr m a mccallum
    The owner of untouchedtalent.co.uk
    The new generation gift site

Re: uk gift site designed with bluevoda and a newbie !!

Mark, you're on your way!

A couple of suggestions, you can tweak your home page width to bring it just under 800, go to page properties and adjust.

Black is a powerful marketing color, the good guys (Zorro) and the bad guys (Darth Vader) like it, however if you overdo it you might turn users away. The logo you use above (black to blue) is toned down and elegant, the logos in your page are heavy and seem not to reflect your products: mainly fine quality Gold jewelry.

Also, writing in caps while it looks good is considered by many as yelling.

Good luck !
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Hello,
      The shop is great, what is not so good on my opinion is the black shadow your using for your logos, it makes the rest of the pages lack of intrest and that is a shame because the shop is good and your products also look good, take a look at major stores on the web to see how they sell jewlery it might help you out with the fonts

Comment

Great site!! If you sell wedding jewellery make sure you don't miss the wonderful opportunity of getting a LIFETIME advert on my BV built site http://ukweddingstore.co.uk

One thing... Change your page titles. Get rid of the company name from the page titles as it means nothing to the search engines, change it to something like Jewellery - ******* - Rings - etc etc

Ramsey
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hi,

Youve done a great job for a first site! but i do agree with all of the above .. your home page is to heavy ...to much shadow that It cant be read , and in my opinion doesnt reflect the gorgeous jewellry your selling...you also need to set your pages so there is no sideways scrolling on your home page the rest of the pages are fine.....to fix this click on the link below ...nice job overall though ...keep tweaking :o)
          Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
          http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Hello everyone
            Thanks to everyone that has viewed my site. You have given me some great advice on it now i will change all the things that everyone has suggested and then i will bring it back. I have a couple of homepages that i have designed. I hope you like,
            Thanks Mark
            www.untouchedtalent.co.uk

Comment

I do think that you are on your way, follow their remarks and it will be great.
              Sharon Chajin

Comment

Hello everyone at voda!!
                thanks for all your views and comments on my website i have updated the index page. Any questions welcome it was all designed by me it has been
                worth every hour. www.untouchedtalent.co.uk is a uk gift site i have a alot more great products to come.

Thanks to
                Vodahost,Vodahits,and all the people who use bluevoda for the tips and hints many thanks mark
                any questions please e-mail
                markmccallum@untouchedtalent.co.uk

Comment

Hi there,

I've just visited your website and I only really have one suggestion!
                  I truely beleive that your music must go. I personally feel it will distract many clients from ordering your products. I also beleive It doesn't fit well with what you are selling. If you really desire having music maybe it might not be a bad idea to find something tranquil and ballroomy without singing. If you ever listen to commercials for jewelry you will notice how tranquil there music is.

www.romancebyshirlee.com
                  Never Let a Kind word go Un said!

Soy Candles

Comment

I agree with Garren and somehow I think with the new avatar she may be the one to listen to. Something more mellow and romantic. Liked your site and merchandise,but it (for me) was a little too bright. Good luck with it and looks like it should work for you.
                    Choco777
                    www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

You might be editing your RealPlayer files or settings, as I get a General Error upon visit (checked out multiple times IE and AOL).
                      I will check back later to see what changes you made, and how your formatting of BV with OSC "finalizes" (currently, my personal interest) to make my comments...so far so good.
                      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
                        You might be editing your RealPlayer files or settings, as I get a General Error upon visit (checked out multiple times IE and AOL).
                        I will check back later to see what changes you made, and how your formatting of BV with OSC "finalizes" (currently, my personal interest) to make my comments...so far so good.
                        hi vasili

thanks for your interest and views please is there any chance you can tell me the error i.e is it a script error or a content block your comments will be greatful. since you have been to the site last night i designed a new one
                        as for osc i am still learning lol but its great the front page i have done now i am 80% happy with. so my main aim is the engines getting to know them and more GREAT PRODUCTS i have a big range now so its all averts and products..

your site is great by the way A+ very collective cool
                        thanks mark www.untouchedtalent.co.uk

so thanks to all at voda who have took the time to show interest in to mysite THERE IS MORE GREAT PRODUCTS COMING TO UNTOUCHEDTALENT.CO.UK and thanks to VODAHOST for a great servise

Comment

Working...
                        X