I'm worried! Need advice please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm worried! Need advice please.

When iIopen my web pages, there is a little bar that flashes on to the page - I'm sure everyone is familiar with it. The problem is that one of the little buttons on that bar says "open my pictures file. The others things as you will know are email and save etc.
    I want to disable this little bar. Some web pages don't have them so one must be able to disable it, but I don't know how.
    Please tell me how to do that.
    I don't want anyone using it and getting into my computer!!!
    I also don't want to have to take my pages off the web!! - but I will if it's the only way to protect my computer.
    In anticipation.....
    Lorna

Re: I'm worried! Need advice please.

Confused. Is the little button as a result of something you clicked in IE6 or FireFox? Are you referring to the top address bar?
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

No, its a little bar that often appears in some websites. It enables you to save, or email or go to 'my pictures' file etc. It must have something to do with the browser - or the web site one visits.
      Have alook at mine and take your time just floating around the cursor. www.lornamack.com
      Hope you can come up with ananser.
      Lorna

Comment

Hi Lorna
        don't worry about it . it's a standard windows opperation it will happen on most images , you can disable it with a same script that goes in the start of page in the page HTML
        <META HTTP-EQUIV="imagetoolbar" CONTENT="no">

Comment

Ah yes, the image toolbar, Nothing to it. It is rather useful. When I click Open Pics, I don't see your folders, it opens my folders.

If it bothers you to have it on the site, do as Alien suggests.
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Oh! -It opens YOUR folders - that's good! Normally I wouldn't have worried about it - in fact it has been useful at times on other sites. Anyway, now that I know it doesn't open MY folders - I'm happy!

Thanks very much - Lorna

Comment

Originally posted by Lorna
              Oh! -It opens YOUR folders - that's good! Normally I wouldn't have worried about it - in fact it has been useful at times on other sites. Anyway, now that I know it doesn't open MY folders - I'm happy!

Thanks very much - Lorna
              You're welcome.
              Look forward to seeing more of yr site.
              Bill
              www.blueearthtea.com
              www.ftaaconsulting.com
              www.iaval.com
              www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Working...
              X