Huh??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huh??

Received the following message at the top of my Vodahost Community forum page:

Hello Spiritsoul,

It appears that you have not posted on our forum today, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member. We would love to hear from you.

I don't understand. The instructions say to not open more than one thread about my site, and since no one visits it anymore, I thought it would be against the rules to ask questions on a thread where no one is looking now.

I've taken an exception to the rule, by entering this as a new thread, since I can't reply to the above directly, and if I get booted, then oh well, I guess. No one is looking at my site anymore anyway and I'm not going to bother people about it.

Am I missing something? Probably so.

Re: Huh??

Spiritsoul - this message suddenly appeared for me too, so is one of the new features of the forum. You don't need to just ask questions about your site on this forum, one of its most attractive features is that even when you are only a novice you may well have an answer for someone else, can share their problem (and benefit from the answer!), or can join in the chat forum and make new friends!

Why? Well, apart from making it easier for all users if they can get prompt advice, the military ranking system used rewards you for making posts - when you have made 500 you get a free domain name, and if you get to 1000 a $100 voucher! The message is just to encourage you. If you don't want to post, don't bother! If you want to join in, do! It took me a year to get to the 500 posts, so it doesn't matter if you take it slow!
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Thank you Trish. I was almost afraid to post from having seen quite a few time where people got jumped on for posting just two threads about their site. I just was trying to stay out of trouble.

On a much more positive note, I visited your website www.webmasterproductions.co.uk and found that I will be spending quite a bit of time on it. There's some really good ideas there. Thanks for putting in on the web.

Comment

Thank you for your kind comments!

Sorry you think people are being jumped on for opening duplicate threads, but for an explanation, the people on this forum always try to get round to answering questions. Some are easier, and a number of people know the answer, some are more difficult (or aren't too clear), and we have to wait for the spe******ts to be around to open them.

What gets the regulars annoyed is when someone is upset when they don't get a response in 5 minutes, and posts exactly the same query on different forums!

It shouldn't matter where the question is posted, as the regulars look for new posts in all forums, and don't spe******e (except perhaps for Soholaunch or some of the more techie forums) and will look at all new posts.

If you genuinely do not get a response after a reasonable amount of time, ask your question again - but rephrase it, as perhaps it wasn't clear what you were trying to get at the first time.

HOpe to see lots more posts from you - and glad you found my site useful!

Regards
        Trish
        www.Limebrook.com
        www.MountainWalk.co.uk
        www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Trish,
          Love the website on webbuilding... I, too will be reading more there.
          Thank you!
          Yucatanchas
          Playa del Carmen
          Quintana Roo, México 77710

http://www.envirocurricula.com
          http://www.yucatanchas.envirocurricu...catanchas.html

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Shaw
            Trish,
            Love the website on webbuilding... I, too will be reading more there.
            Thank you!
            Again, thank you. Just passing on some of the lessons I learned the hard way, so if it helps others that's what it was meant to do!

Cheers
            Trish
            www.Limebrook.com
            www.MountainWalk.co.uk
            www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Working...
            X