Clear All

• Using the Soholaunch Template Manager

VodaHost
    Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    07031847328 / United Kingdom

Click Here to take the royal VodaHost Tour
    Click Here for the VodaHost Help Centre & Tutorials
    Got a question? - Try a forum search! Available at the top of every page!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Re: Using the Soholaunch Template Manager

Graphical themes, or templates, are managed through the Template Manager Module, which is accessed by clicking on Template Manager from the Main Menu.

Template Manager Main Menu

Using Pre-Installed Templates

Selecting a default template

To use a pre-installed or custom template for your website, select it from the Base Site Templates drop-down box and click on the “Change Template(s)” button.

Built-In Template Header

If you are using a pre-installed template, or one you have created with the Template Manager (see below), then you can utilize a Built-In Template Header. Enter your desired text in the Built-In Template header field, and then click on the Save Header button to commit your changes.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I have downloaded a template from oscommerce and i am not sure how to encode it to HTML. When I try to upload it, it says that it is uploaded, but no picture comes up and it says that it is in the wrong format. What do I need to do? I want to be able to use this template from oscommerce. Thank you.

Comment

You are in the Soho forum - so where are you trying to get this oscommerce template to come up? - You cannot use an OsCommerce template in Soho.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

I am new to the soholaunch so i'm not really sure what to do. Am I able to build my own template and upload it? Or do I have to use the soholaunch templates? Also, in the template builder, it only gives my two images to choose from and is that what I have to use? Can I use any of the bluevoda templates?

Comment

Hello, I am very new to this whole e-commerce thing. It seems to be overwhelming at first but I am trying to take things one tiny step at a time. I am so glad I did too as I see one cannot use oscommerce templates with soholaunch and I really wanted to choose one of the templates offered for my jewellery site. I really haven't even begun to use soholaunch and have been watching the tutorials over and over and did not pick up the fact that oscommerce templates could not be utilised. Thankfully I was able to read the messages on this forum before I purchased and wasted money on one. I also spent a lot of time trying to figure out a logo for my site and find that I can do this through soholaunch. I presume, can I? Any help or comments will be much appreciated. Glad to be a part of the family.

Comment

Yes, I find the soholaunch templates easy to add logos too and to customize, even if you use one of theirs. What I suggest is while you LEARN is to find one that exists that has the features you want in it.. and then download that template file, rename it, IMPORT it into frontpage or dreamweaver, and PLAY away. UPload it to the template folder and apply it to your site to test it out. Youll be amazed at how easy it is once you do it a few times.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I have purchased a template through soholaunchaddons and think this will work okay. I haven't had the chance to go to soholaunch to try it out yet but will have time later today. It does look easy enough and can't wait to pass my learners license, lol! Have a nice day!

Comment

Nita

I have worked with several builders and soho is one of the easiest to manage! If you follow along on the tutorials you should be fine. If not.. ask.. Ill help you out as I have time. I try to stop in here at least once a day.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks. I have another problem. I have purchased a template from the SohoAddons and am not sure how to get it onto Soholaunch so I can start modifying it. When I sign in to the control panel and click on view site I am directed to an almost empty template that shows 2005. To get the template I purchased onto my url must I remove the current installation, 4.9 r55? I actually uploaded all the components that I had in the folder after I unzipped it through file manager as I was not able to upload them as one folder. Is this right or wrong and where would I go from here? I appreciate your time and correspondence.

Comment

Nita,

Ok... Im trying to sort this here.. so bear with me if I got off into the WRONG track.

I am assuming your recieved a ZIP for the template. Download and leave it zipped. Now go to your template maganger, and use the tab template upload, and browse to where u downloaded it. It should upload it for you. Then you should be able to select it from the list of templates.

If you want to upload the whole folder unzipped, you need to do it thru an ftp client or manager and then select the folder and upload to the appropriate folder inside the soho admin includes area.

You also need to UPDATE your store as I think we are up to version 60 or r59 at the latest. Do this by going to webmaster icon and then update software tab.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks for that and I am sure that will work but I can't seem to get in to sohoadmin to do anything with my site. I can get into cpanel but can't get in to build my site at soho at all. I have been in once and now am not sure how I got there. My site url is http://[URL="http://www.jewellery4gifts.com"]www.jewellery4gifts.com[/URL] and my temporary url is http://75.126.169.138 .Someone also wiped the history on our pc so couldn't go in from there. What have I missed. I am registered with VodaHost if that makes any difference. Sorry for being a dummy!

Comment

Try here and see if this works

http://forum.soholaunch.com/showthread.php?t=159

Usually you have to have your domain there to get to the admin but this gives a temporary fix

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I purchased a flash template and am having a great deal of difficulty installing it in to soholaunch. I downloaded a trial version of Dreamweaver to edit the site and am totally lost. Help!!!

Comment

First of all to use the flash template you will need to do some reading on the set of files needed to customize soho templates to incorporate the flash. Then you will have to UPLOAD this template folder to the templates folder, then you can choose this folder in the drop down. A flash template purchased or not will need some altering to incorporate it, especially if you didnt purchase it thru one of the soho gurus or the addons site. If you go to the soho launch forum and read, read the manual and there are also some howto's in the wiki files there.

More than likely, if you cant get it you will need to pay someone to install it, as it also needs some work for the shopping cart if you intend to keep it there as well.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                              X