Q's about signing up for the search-engine part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q's about signing up for the search-engine part

Hello again. Hope you can give me a lot of insite to this section.
    1.) Do I have to publish before I submit the search engine part?

2.) Can I submit only 1 page to get started, then update later when I start making some money?

3.) I need some explanations on terms. What does "dynamically rendered" mean? Also explain a "search engine" spider, please. I also would like to understand what site maps are, "server-side" and "image maps".

What happens to my one time free set up if I submit and fail on all I have done? I supose this is my worse fear.

Thank you for all your help so far! Beadlady

Re: Q's about signing up for the search-engine part

1) save and publish, always.
    2) why only one page? and update to?
    3) spiders (not the 8 legged ones) are like robots that run through your website looking for links (follow the bread crumbs) frompage to page and then send them to a database for i.e. Google or Yahoo.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Originally posted by Beadlady
      Hello again. Hope you can give me a lot of insite to this section.
      1.) Do I have to publish before I submit the search engine part?

Ofcourse. If you don't publish, the SE can't find anything.

2.) Can I submit only 1 page to get started, then update later when I start making some money?

If you mean if you can publish one page, then add the rest, yes, you can start with one page. Add the others when you have them ready.

3.) I need some explanations on terms. What does "dynamically rendered" mean? Also explain a "search engine" spider, please. I also would like to understand what site maps are, "server-side" and "image maps".

Dynamically rendered: depends on the context.

Search engine: there are companies, (Google, Yahoo, MSN, Altavista and many others) who are searching the internet, find sites, and index them according to certain search criteria. When you are trying f.e. to find a shop for gardening tools, on one of those Search Engines, they will respond with one or more pages with links to sites relative to gardening. These companies are called Search Engines because they allow you to search the internet for information.

Server side: a script or a program that is NOT run on your computer, but they are stored and run directly on the server of a hosting company .

Image Maps: sometimes you need to have an image on your page, and every single part of the image is clickable and leads to a different section of the site. Typical f.e. for Real Estate companies: they have i.e. a Map of the US, and every single state, leads to a serch for properties in that state.

What happens to my one time free set up if I submit and fail on all I have done? I supose this is my worse fear.

Your free setup is refering to your account. This is only done when you sign up. It has nothing to do with your work. If your work is not as good as you would like it to be, you simply correct or update it and publish it again. So, nothing to fear about.

If instead you meant your One Time Free Search Engine Submission, nothing to fear there too. As you update and enlarge your website, SE will come back again and again to review your site, and take into account the improvements that you made.
      Hope the above answer your questions
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you Bill, and Navaldesign, You both have been very helpful. I believe I am ready to publish! Beadlady

Comment

Working...
        X